Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is time for Dolby Vision!

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 10:42 AM)
MMIX
Helping Hand
Options

Dear Samsung,

your HDR10+ alliance is breaking further apart and is at an end. 20th Century is giving up HDR10+, Disney is not interested either and is fully committed to Dolby Vision. Panasonic, co-founder of HDR10+, has also been open to the opening of Dolby Vision for some time now (with good reason).

In short, Dolby Vision is the clear winner! Why does Samsung refuse to open Dolby Vision? HDR10+ is at the end, as you can already see:

Netflix: No interest in HDR10+
Apple TV: Not interested in HDR10+
Disney: No interest in HDR10+
Prime Video: HDR10+ available, BUT 99% only HDR10 without dynamic metadata, Dolby Vision with full metadata available!

Ultra HD BluRays: Hardly any HDR10+ content, but extremely much Dolby Vision content. Soon there will be no more 4k BluRays anyway. Then everything will run via streaming.

In the end it is not comprehensible why Samsung is sticking with HDR10+. It's over. Dolby Vision is the clear winner, especially since Dolby Vision IQ has already been developed further.

If Samsung wants to attract new customers and retain old ones in the future, Dolby Vision must be introduced. What could Samsung not have for horny TVs, Q90r, Q85r, Q95T, Q90T etc. with Dolby Vision (and HDR10+). The perfect equipment for 4k content. If you continue to shut yourself off against it, I honestly see black.

I hope that when Dolby Vision is introduced, we old users with 2019/2018 QLEDs will also be considered. This is unfortunately not always the case with you Samsung.    

In this sense, it is high time for Dolby Vision on Samsung TVs. HDR10+ has (clearly) lost.    

(But probably Samsung is not interested in the opinion of its community and is probably too ambitious as HDR10+ developer to admit defeat)

111 REPLIES 111
Hipis_1
Explorer
Options

Q80T has less blooming around subtitles. It's only stopping me.

Maybe Sony 950H when it will be cheaper. 

I don't understand Samsung. Blind company. Usually they should do what costumers need.

0 Likes
emvees
First Poster
Options

Im kinda new to this. Is this a quick fix by Samsung? Software upgrade?

I would love to see  this on my Q85 2019.

0 Likes
Mike1234567
Journeyman
Options

I’ll never buy another Samsung Tv again in my life if they don’t reverse this stupid war again Dolby and embrace the technology nearly ALL content providers are now supporting in the masses. 

SAMSUNG, DO THE RIGHT THING. 

Mike1234567
Journeyman
Options

Sign the petition! http://chng.it/ZTTsbD46TF

Camaxide
First Poster
Options

I agree, the one reason to not even consider these TV's for movie watching is the lack of DV.. Though lets hope your views on BluRay does not fall true, the quality of streamed content is a joke compared to disk.. what sense does it make to have full HDR when the content is anyway compressed to crush highlights, blacks and band everything in between... If one truly care about quality picture one use a disk, and the correct HDR for that media HDR10+ / DV

WallyD79
First Poster
Options

Just bought a 58" NU7000 after my kid broke the screen on my 55" NU6900. Was hoping I could utilize D Vision.....but I guess not.

Daniel23231
First Poster
Options

I just bought q70t cause I thought it would be better than the others at their prices, nobody  said it didn't have Dolby Vision, fortunately they could do a software atualization upgrade at one time in the future. It's the only thing bad about their TVs. We should keep this thread going 

colingiles
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a Q80T a couple days ago without really understanding all of this. I just had a friend explain it to me and now i'm seriously considering returning it if Samsung has no plans on supporting DV in the future and is just going to support a dying format

KillerOfDemons
Apprentice
Options

100% agree.  Samsung HDR features are turned off for gaming so it's even more drastic when dolby vision comes to XSX games. 

JosBra
Apprentice
Options

DV it's a must. is about time for Samsung to recognize that HDR10 is simply not enough!!! I have not seen the first HDR10+ movie in Netflix, Disney+ wont have them either. I have had 4 Samsung Smart TVs since 2009 and next year I will buy a 65" or 75". But if Samsung does not support DV, in the 2021 lineup  I'll have to buy LG Oled or Sony Oled, even liking Samsung design much, much more. HDR10+ is excellent, but there is no content in NETFLIX or DISNEY+ so nobody cares about the non dynamic, plain flat HDR10.