Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues turning on Smart TV UN50AU8000FXZA

(Topic created on: 25-10-2023 11:34 PM)
r630
Student
Options

I have a Smart TV UN50AU8000FXZA purchased about 2 years ago.  The last couple of weeks a problem has appeared where the TV will not always turn on on the first attempt.  There is power to the TV, the red standby light is on and when the power button is pressed, the standby light turns off, indicating that the TV is powering on, but only a blank screen appears.  I have to try several times to get it to actually turn on, and some attempts the Samsung logo for the TV will appear, then a blank screen.  After several attempts the TV does turn on.   I have checked for updates and there are none available for this model.

4 REPLIES 4
lorenzo_Angeles
Explorer
Options
This means there is an issue with the original outlet, or the surge protector if you were using one. 3 If the TV still won't turn on and the red standby light is still blinking, this is a sign that something is wrong with your TV. However here's a potental solution. Unplug everything from your TV move tv to a new room plug tv into a socket then press the power button on the (tv) if that doesn't work then pull out tv then hold power button for 60sec unplugged and try to power tv on again. Check to see if back light is on aswell you see a blue tinge that's how you know your TV is on. Hope this helps
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

I have started to have this problem on my Q55q80B

Only seven months old. If turned off for a few hours TV opens and closes with logo. On next press opens ok. Put plug direct into socket and still the same. Annoyingly intermittent.

Now before closing the logo appeared. Shop told me it is likely to be a software issue

Just hope it's nothing serious. Last Samsung broke after four years. Should have gone for an LG

0 Likes
r630
Student
Options

How long are you leaving it unplugged?  Try unplugging all cables, including power cord. Let all remain unplugged for at least 5 minutes. The plug back in only the power and try turning the TV back on. 

0 Likes
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

Spoke to Samsung tech yesterday. They checked via net, setting and have done various reboots.  So no problem this morning. Went out for an hour and this happened- see video, sometimes the logo appears before shutting.  Once I tried power again it opened fine and stays on until I turn off. So it seems to be intermittent. Sent a new power cable as well.  Perhaps a factory reset is in order

0 Likes