Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung QE55S95B TV Issues

(Topic created on: 11-10-2023 07:24 PM)
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

I've had a 55" model for around a year. Apart from the absence of FreeviewPlus which my old TV had, I'm pretty happy with it. I love the voice-activated controls. I live about 10 miles from my local transmitter to which I have direct line of sight, so a very strong signal.

I have two issues, both comparatively minor, but annoying.

1. After turning on the TV (usually with a Hello Bixby wake-up command), the sound is often out of sync with the picture. Changing channel then changing it back seems to deal with it, but I don't think I should have to do this.

2. After it’s been on for about 20 minutes, the TV ‘stutters’ momentarily. There’s a momentary audio drop out and a second or so of digital interference/picture break-up. What is it, and what can be done about it?

None of my other TVs or TV receiving devices (Apply TV, Google Chromecast, computers) exhibit this behaviour.

14 REPLIES 14
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @sonicsinfonia 

Could we take the current software version of your TV please? Got to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options
Hi

Thanks for picking this up. Sorry for the delay - I replied to the email which bounced after 24 hours!

Software version of the TV is T-PTMDEUC-1520.7 BT-S
0 Likes
Partita
Pathfinder
Options

Try factory restart.

0 Likes
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

Hmm, I’d really rather not. It would take ages to then set up again the various connected devices and reconfigure the various preferred settings!

If the problem lies within software/firmware, as Samsung’s previous reply seems to indicate, not sure how a factory reset is going to change anything - it might or might not, but also leave me with a lot of work to restore the set to how it is presently.

0 Likes
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

Hi - any news, update, explanation or fix?

Given that the main signal is coming from an aerial with direct line of sight to the Wrekin transmitter about 15 miles away, I don't understand how audio and video can de-sync this way. I've never experienced it with any other TV.

Also, the momentary 'stutter' would seem to arise because the processor is handling some activity and reaching near overload, thus compromising signal processing. It seems only to occur once per viewing session.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @sonicsinfonia ,

New software update (version 1602.2) came out a few days ago. If you're not able to update your TV through over the air (Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update now) then you'll be able to download that version from the TV's Support page here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55S95BATXXU/#downloads and update using the USB method.

Let us know how you get on, and if the issues persist.

sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have successfully applied the update and will observe and report back.

On completion of the update, I ran a device care cycle which reported "The Live TV screen sometimes freezes or appears broken". 

I am assuming that has been linked from my Samsung Account report here? Correction action suggests the TV signal is weak but the signal check then shows strength and quality each to be at 100% with 0 Bit error level.

I have a signal amplifier/splitter in my loft, which I will check for good connections (as another TV lost signal yesterday).

0 Likes
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

Having applied the update, Bixby will no longer turn the TV on from standby (yes, the option to do so is selected), so I am not able to tell whether the audio sync issue has been solved. When one turns on the set using the remote, it is in sync.

The momentary loss of signal after around 20 minutes still seems to happen but it probably needs a couple more days to be sure it is occurring consistently the same way it was before.

0 Likes
sonicsinfonia
Apprentice
Options

Can I downgrade/undo the software update? I would prefer to be able to wake the TV using voice than possibly not have the glitch/audio sync issue as this is the feature I use most!

0 Likes