Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UI on Menu

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 10:26 AM)
JonBrewster
First Poster
Options

Whenever you try and access the menu on out Samsung TV (#UE43TU7100K) it overlays the screeen with random pixels. There is no way to use the menu, and frequently the screen will freeze and/or the TV will restart.

I've tried various suggestions from the internet

I've tried unplugging the TV leaving for 30 seconds and then restarting.

I've tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds both on the remote and on the television.

I've tried holding down the exit key to do a soft reset.

Nothing seems to make any difference. I'm coming to the opinion that this is a hardware issue, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similar experience

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @JonBrewster ,

sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your TV. May I ask if this is affecting all the channels and sources? Would you be able to send us a picture of how the TV looks when that happens?

0 Likes
JonBrewster
First Poster
Options

Hi @TessM 

So when the TV starts it displays the "SMART TV" text correctly, then it displays a quick burst of static before showing the TV picture. 

If you try and access the menu UI this is what you get.

Thanks Jon

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-12 at 17.09.29.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-12 at 17.07.09.jpeg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Is this only happening when you access the menu @JonBrewster ? Would you be able to record a video displaying the steps that you take to get there? Are all the TV cables connected firmly to the back?

0 Likes
JonBrewster
First Poster
Options

So, no cables connected to the back apart from the power

It's seems to be getting worse. Now it doesn't even display the Smart TV logo.

Thanks Jon

0 Likes