Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm hearing Netflix's intro sound while playing games

(Topic created on: 05-12-2018 03:30 PM)
plasmax
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

it's been a week or so since my Samsung UE55NU7100 has started giving me the creeps.

Basically while I play with my PS4, I randomly hear the Netflix intro sound come out of the soundbar, at an unusually high volume. It happened a few times while playing games and one other time while watching TV through my decoder, so it happened on two different HDMI inputs. 

The soundbar is an LG and it's connected directly to the TV via optic cable.

I do have the Netflix app installed and set up on my Samsung TV, but I don't see why I'm hearing this. It's really annoying and creepy as hell.

Did anybody ever experience this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

34 REPLIES 34
mattdamonism
First Poster
Options

Apparently this has been going on since 2018 and no one has offered a fix.  For me it's almost always between 4PM and 5PM EST.  Usually right at 4:40PM on the nose.  I use the TV with my PC working from home now so every day I get the BADUMMMMMMM while I'm still working.

Guess it's a feature not a bug in Samsung and Netflix's eyes.  Perhaps we should contact Netflix?  Maybe they actually care that their app is screwing up, Samsung has already proven they don't care at all.

0 Likes
Tobe
First Poster
Options

I'm having that same issue. But its coming from my computer. I do have it connected to my Samsung TV . I hope we're not targeted individuals. 

0 Likes
mattdamonism
First Poster
Options

It comes from the Netflix app even when you are using your computer.  It overrides external devices.  Samsung doesn't care I think we need to reach out to Netflix so I can stop being jolted by it every day at 4:40PM

0 Likes
mattdamonism
First Poster
Options

So I contacted Netflix and their position on this was that they can only assist with streaming, payment, and quality issues but cannot help me since the issue does not occur while using the app.  They said I would need to contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Herohero
First Poster
Options

This is super weird. For us, the sound doesn't come when we're watching TV etc but WHEN THE TV IS TURNED OFF. We usually have the hifi turned on 247, so we hear the sound at night. Never during the day. (We live in finland). I was thinking that could it be a Netflix update thing or something because it would be around 4 to 5 PM in the states when we hear the sound.

Brad1983
First Poster
Options

I have had this same issues, I do not have a sound bar or any gaming system hooked to the TV. I do have the Netflix app, however it happens to me when I am watching TV of air, and it has happened while I was watching Hulu. It is very weird and if someone could share a fix, it would be much appreciated. My TV is also a Samsung, not sure of the model. But I bought it within the last year.

0 Likes
LB273
First Poster
Options

This JUST happened to me, except I have a Toshiba TV and my was completely off when the Netflix intro sound came through. It scared the ***** out of me. So creepy!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
370HSSV
First Poster
Options

I have had the same exact thing happen to me at random times at least 15 times. I'll just be in my room and i'll here the extremely loud netflix intro play out of no where. my tv has done it when it was completely off. 

0 Likes
Jcheng
First Poster
Options

This happens to me as well. Usually late at night around 1 am and I will be playing on my PS4. I don’t have a sound bar or anything else connected besides the PS4. I’m also having issues with some flickering of the screen. I got it last august 2019. Model UN55NU6900FXZA

0 Likes
delelise
First Poster
Options

I am hearing the sound during netflix shows- i have no sound bar- it has happened 3-4 times now

0 Likes