You have just connected your new Samsung TV and you just can't wait to start watching your favourite programme or to play games... before that though, we need to set up the TV and the Set Top Box .
Here is an easy step by step guide on how to do this:
- Turn the TV on and select your country.
- Enter a new PIN (it needs to be 4 digits).
- Connect all your HDMI devices as well as your set top box and turn on all of them.
- Select whether you want to use Intelligent Mode.
- Select your Wi-fi from the network list and enter your password.
- Once the connection is all set up, please read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Sign into your Samsung account or just create a new one.
- Select your preferences about the Voice ID.
- If you are resetting or replacing an old TV, you can get all your data restored by running a backup from Samsung Cloud.
- Now, enter the first half of your postcode and it will automatically detect your set top box.
- Select your TV service provider.
- Create your Smart Hub as you like.
- Test your Smart Remote.
- Enjoy the TV!
A little plus, you can also set up your TV with your phone through the SmartThings app:
- A Samsung account is required here and the phone will automatically detect the TV when you open the app.
- Tap setup when the prompt appears on your phone's screen.
- Use the PIN and follow the instructions.
- Your Wi-fi and Samsung account information is shared with your TV.
Finally, if you need to pair your Bluetooth Smart Remote: press and hold Play/Pause and Return keys simultaneously while pointing the remote at the Samsung logo on your TV.