Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable auto play on TV home screen

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 10:03 PM)
Jawvis
Student
Options

How do I stop the random music videos and shows Auto playing on the home screen for Samsung smart TVs. I just got the Samsung Q60R and every time I turn the TV on or switch apps I have to hear random music videos play. 

36 REPLIES 36
AP2310
First Poster
Options

There’s no “Disable” option at my end😫 Only Move and Remove. This has got to stop!!! Anyone at Samsung reading this?? Do you want us to all return our TVs? 

Dazthebear
First Poster
Options

Autoplaying random ***** on the home screen is not acceptable Samsung. Fix your ***** piece of Software, I am going Sony next time who doesn't shove unsolicited garbage in your face. At least ask people before you auto play *****. Screw you Samsung. 

Todd4
Apprentice
Options

100% with everyone on this thread, have not found a solution

0 Likes
Szilva Harman
Student
Options

After about a year of using our Smart Art TV the best thing we figured against the auto play function is to step out of the channel you had just watched before you turn it off. That way, the TV will turn on the channel you have been on last. If you leave it on Netflix when you turn it off it will turn back on Netflix and so on. This is better than have random TV channels playing with unrated and unwanted content. 

0 Likes
Sankett
First Poster
Options

I just installed a 43 Inc tv and came across same issue. I simply locked all channels on Samsung plus app. It worked. Now there is just a colour background on home screen. No auto annoying playing videos. 

WHO5TDP
First Poster
Options
Okay I have the solutionfor your problems.
Go to settings
Than
Broadcasting
Expert setting
And put it on manualtuning
And close the tab go to home page it will stop the cause
0 Likes
Randalph2
Journeyman
Options

Indeed unbelievable.

Sometimes, when the volume is turned up, I turn on the tv and almost wake up the whole house unintentionally 😀

Very annoying.

I've disabled the Samsung TV app, now at least I can start up the TV or hit the "Home" button without having any random sound or picture thrown at me.

Samsung, please fix.

Wurzaag
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

Having the same issue, I landed here hoping to find a solution... since there were none, I found my own little workaround :

I activated the parental control on every channel installed on the TV by default. Since we usually don't watch 'em, it doesn't really bother us ; and fact is, the TV is now quiet when we turn it on ! No preview, no sound, yay !

@SAMSUNG, please fix this.

OldMacITGuy
First Poster
Options

Just want to let Samsung know this is still a serious problem. Just set up a new TU7000 65". In a conference room. In a business. For Zoom calls etc. And the first thing that shows up on the screen is Hell's Kitchen with a bunch of angry people yelling at each other, then while I'm trying to configure settings, Vevo Punk Rock hour with some guy walking around wearing a noose. 

This is not a welcoming or pleasant experience. It's a world apart from the Apple TV setup. People generally want to watch their own, selected content, and have the start menu be neutral and unobtrusive, not have your free TV channels pushed on us. 

This should be something to opt into with a setting, not on by default. 

I appreciate the advice above about locking every channel out of the TV Plus app. I'd delete the app entirely (along with Disney, Netflix, Amazon) if I could. 

It's a very disappointing UI. I'm close to just plugging in the old Apple TV I was using again. 

0 Likes
Members_5RX5cwn
First Poster
Options

Sorry if this has been posted and perhaps it's not an ideal solution but I found something preferable to have in the background. 

When I turned on my TV I:

1. Pressed the back arrow button

2. Pressed down on my remote (the down bit on the circle

3. Browsed the channels until I found something that wouldn't be awful. Mine was on American Idol which definitely isn't my style. 

I've now got it on "soothing outdoor campfire ", on channel 4011. There are still ads sometimes (I don't know the intervals), but by the time I've selected what I want to watch, I most likely will miss them. 

Picture and hopefully video below of the channel "in action":

20230528_172854.jpg

0 Likes