Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable auto play on TV home screen

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 10:03 PM)
Jawvis
Student
Options

How do I stop the random music videos and shows Auto playing on the home screen for Samsung smart TVs. I just got the Samsung Q60R and every time I turn the TV on or switch apps I have to hear random music videos play. 

36 REPLIES 36
AK Guy
First Poster
Options

I’m returning my tv because of this. Terrible. I don’t want a bunch of K Pop blasting every time I turn on my TV. Awful. 

OkayDad
First Poster
Options

I was able to shut it off by locking all content not rated for “youth.” Since I don’t have cable anyway, the content restrictions don’t matter. 

But I agree, it’s garbage malware. Samsung sucks. 

Zaltar7
First Poster
Options

Bought the Frame TV and this is so annoying. I’ll pause a show, go to the “home menu” to browse, accidentally click down on the remote and when I click to go back up, the show unpauses!

Then you can’t click the pause button to stop it… because you’re in the home menu. You have to go back onto the show by either clicking ‘back’ or ‘home’ before you can pause the show again.

It’s just bad UX that could be fixed very easily. With a software update. Do it soon Samsung. Funnily enough, when a user pauses something, when they return to it, they expect it to still be paused! 

Ivw1
First Poster
Options

Honestly it's malicious design. Nobody wants to be assaulted by random video content and noise. A blank black screen would be better. I prefer the quiet, always appropriate, interface of a Chromecast much more. I almost went with an LG; now I wish I had. Also, I had the ads on the home menu bar. I own the TV; there shouldn't be garbage like that everywhere. It makes the thing look cheap. 

Quethas
First Poster
Options

I believe I have fixed this annoyance on my QN85DA by going into the settings and turning off Autorun Last App under General > Smart Features. Hopefully this works for some of you at least.

Szilva Harman
Student
Options

I was honestly so hopeful that your suggestion would work. It sounded so good. But it isn't working. My apparently SMART art TV keeps displaying these dum channels on my home screen. It is so BAD!

SAMSUNG, I am still looking for a solution.

MCWoo
Student
Options

Thank you for this. This worked but I am hoping it’s temporary. I actually reached out to customer service and they started a ticket. Their website literally says if you delete all the Samsung TV Plus channels it will stop auto play. The fact you have to do that is already ridiculous. The fact it’s not working is worse. This is only day one of having this tv and I’m already not liking it. Sad. 

MCWoo
Student
Options

I’m going to be getting a customer service call from a special department about this issue. This is the first night I’ve had the tv and I was already on a chat with a rep trying to get it dealt with. Here’s what I know: you’re SUPPOSED to be able to stop the dumb auto play stuff by going to the channel list, selecting all the Samsung tv plus channels and deleting them. This is prescribed on the official website. It is supposed to disable tv plus and stop the auto play. Sounds like for many of us this isn’t the case. Regardless of the fact that it’s not working, it’s beyond ridiculous that we would have to jump through these hoops in the first place. We bought a product that should work for us. There should not be any content being forced at us. It’s just bad form and they need to stop it, change it, fix it. Period. 

RandomGuy56
First Poster
Options

how do you default it pls tell me I want to get rid of the ******* tv plus app

0 Likes
mlutken
First Poster
Options

Why does Samsung not answer anything in this chat ?

0 Likes