Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete default apps on Smart tv

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 11:24 PM)
Artur20
First Poster
Options

Can i delete default apps no smart tv. it show need of an update, but not enough memory, i have only few apps instaled my self with small memry space. rest is due

90 REPLIES 90
Hamidreza1
First Poster
Options

Can we somehow reverse the update? 

0 Likes
Misinoo
First Poster
Options

@Hamidreza1 wrote:

@Hamidreza1 wrote:

Can we sue Samsung, has anyone read the EULA for this purpose? I have received some new undesired apps that were installed without my consent to my tv which I bought for my own money. This is a scam on customers. I guess we could use the fundraiser to pay some good lawyers to sue for the return price of our TVs at least...

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

it no longer works. they removed it with latest update which WAS FORCE installed after I had autoupdate off. there was another way if in developer mode you scrolled down to deep test and came back up, the DELETE would not be greyed out anymore. 

That didnt last either. Back to normal when turned tv back on. I just dont get it.... this is how you lose loyal customers not get them to buy new TVs. my family and our company have  bought all our TVs for homes and our offices for many years. Was ONLY brand we got and including offices had well over 30 TVs. Not anymore. 

Will never spend a dime on anything Samsung again. To be treated like i am stupid... best way to lose my loyalty

0 Likes
Chrs
First Poster
Options

Love this idea.  Giving them one stars.  Also taking it a step furhter; I'm installing these apps on my phone, rating one star where I can post a review, and writing review telling what I think about these companies who made the deal with Samsung to spam my TV with their bloatware!

0 Likes
KarmaKomma
Journeyman
Options

sorry if you have an idea let me know. im in lol 

i even emailed their ceo as they have this thing where  you can email him (like he really reads it)

i just dont understand why more people are not complaining about this... 

0 Likes
breadbaker
First Poster
Options

Just to give you a heads up, as some have posted the method in the link floating around here numerous times does not work.

It still does work in 2023 as I have removed Universal Guide via that method just minutes ago on a Series 7 TV with the latest update installed.

To keep it that way your TV should be properly access restricted to the internet in your router.

0 Likes
jklondon
Apprentice
Options

Unf tried the link on my S90C but do not see the deep link option. Guess its been blocked. Any work around?

0 Likes
DeveloperM0DE
First Poster
Options

IMG_2013.jpeg

0 Likes
DeveloperM0DE
First Poster
Options

I found this on another thread. It didn’t work at first. I had to reset the tv, enable developer mode and then this process worked for me. You will have to disable automatic updates or they just come right back. On my older (2018) model i had to use tutorial on the bottom of the page. Following the steps in the guide i was able to enable developer mode in the samsung apps and then my specific model requires you to press and hold the power button until the tv turns itself off and on again. There was a prompt on the tv itself but the guide doesn’t mention this particular step anywhere that i noticed. It only works for me right after a full reset. Just reset, go through the startup prompts, immediately follow the steps in the guide. Don’t forget to disable auto updates! Good luck, and please share this info. 

https://technastic.com/delete-apps-on-samsung-smart-tv/#google_vignette

0 Likes
DeveloperM0DE
First Poster
Options

IMG_2015.png

0 Likes