Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete ambient mode background theme?

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 09:56 PM)
mzt
First Poster
Options

How do I delete the ambient mode background theme based on the wall picture I took for my 2020 model Frame tv? The pic did not turn out right and I want to get rid of it but cannot seem to find out where you delete such themes.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
CM31
First Poster
Options

Did you ever figure out how to delete your photo?  

Exactly the same has happened to me and it looks dreadful!  More irritating is that I do not seem to be able to delete my own photo from either the TV or the app.  Did you figure out how to do this?

The only workaround I can find to stop it appearing constantly in ambient mode is to select a different background from one of the other Themes which seems to override my photo.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mzt: As you created the Background Theme via the SmartThings app, have you tried checking SmartThings to see if you're able to remove the image from here. Alternatively, why not try taking a new photo of your wall to see if you're able to improve on the existing image? 

0 Likes
CM31
First Poster
Options

As mentioned, unable to delete via either app or TV.  Don't want to take another one in case I end up with another dud!

0 Likes
MediaSock
First Poster
Options

I solved it, I'm so happy I got rid of that stupid ugly double pic background theme, it would show up every time the TV screen transitioned to another screen, even when I set it to a different theme it would still show up, it was very annoying, it ruined my mood every time I saw it, at first I got rid of it by deleting the "SmartThings App" from my phone, it deleted the double pic from my TV, but when I re-installed the "SmartThings App" on my phone the double pic came back, but maybe it might work for you guys, this is what I did to delete the "SmartThings App" from my phone:

STEP 1: note: my TV was on and I was paired to the "SmartThings App" on my phone via "Bluetooth", after that I uninstalled the "SmartThings App" from my phone, then I turned off my phone and waited until it was off before switching off the TV, when I switched my TV back on the double pic was gone, I don't think you have to strictly follow all these steps but I thought I would mention them just in case because I'm certainly not going to try them again just to see if they work or not, I don't want to risk resetting my TV again and loosing all my settings, preferences and logins.

If "Step 1" doesn't work there's two other steps you can try, before I tried these steps I reset my TV so I never got to try them, but they might work for you guys.

STEP 2: on your phone turn on "Bluetooth", open the "SmartThings App" and make sure the "SmartThings App" is paired with your TV, go to "Devices", now long press the TV icon until "Edit" pops up on the screen, you can also access the "Edit" feature by clicking on the TV icon and clicking on the 3 small dots on the top right of the screen, now click on "Edit", at the bottom of the screen you can select "Delete Device", deleting the "TV Device" from the "SmartThings App" might delete any personal "Ambient Mode" theme settings you might have had selected on your TV, after completing "step 2" you can also followed "step 1" and delete the "SmartThings App" from your phone and see if this works even better.

STEP 3: Open "Ambient Mode" on your Smart TV, press "Enter" on your TV remote and go over to the bottom left side of the screen where it says "Ambient Settings", above there should be an option to "Reset All Photos", click on it and hopefully it deletes the stupid double pic from your TV, like I said I didn't get to try these steps because I got frustrated and reset my TV before I learnt about these steps, but I hope this info works for you guys, please let me know if and which steps worked for you?

Note: I want to add that Resetting my Samsung TV was not as bad as I thought it would be, sure I had to re-input all my settings, preferences and logins but it worked flawlessly.

0 Likes
Thrasaric
Student
Options

Long press smartthings, then edit, then storage, force stop, delete cage, delete storage. Open app again...picture gone.

MediaSock
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply, I just tried your suggestion, I tried to long press the Smartthings icon on the Hub Menu on my TV, but nothing happens, on my TV all it does is open the SmartThings App, but the Settings options you mention in your comment don't appear anywhere on my TV, and trust me I have looked and gone through all settings and options on every inch of my TV, I think your method only works on certain Samsung models, unfortunately my TV is not one of them, thanks anyway, I appreciate the help, I still want to be able to set my own personal background themes on my TV without it being a complete nightmare.

0 Likes
Thrasaric
Student
Options

On your phone....I'm sorry I didn't make that clear...the picture is stored on your phone. Go to app info, and follow the steps above.....there is nothing u can do on the TV. 

0 Likes
Richard Souza
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much, I was installing my tv yesterday and thought I try this function out. It made a horrible background where it just took the bottom section of a picture that was above the tv and repeated it three times and it kept showing everywhere and I couldn't find a way around it 

0 Likes
Zackyboy
First Poster
Options

The way it worked for me was 

I force stop smart things then deleted the cache and data of the app 

And on the tv i resetted the smart hub 

You can do that by going to setting then support -> device care -> self diagnosis -> reset smart hub -> then enter you pin (default: 0000)

By careful though this will delete all you app and settings for the smart hub but at least you won't that ugly double picture ever again 

0 Likes