Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines/Scan lines on Q90T

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 05:59 PM)
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Have the 55 inch Q90T and I'm having some issues with it. The main one is horizontal lines or waves moving up the screen constantly. This only occurs in game mode using any of the HDMI ports. The only way to remove them from the TV is to activate Game Motion Plus but I don't want to use this as it adds input lag and reduces picture quality even further than Game Mode already does. It's worth noting this doesn't seem to occur when playing games at 120hz either, such as Fortnite or Cold War.

Any suggestions? I'm looking to return the TV but was hoping for a solution before I do. 

35 REPLIES 35
Iggy1404
Apprentice
Options

Sad news but thx for letting us know.

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Yup same here. Mine are just as noticeable as before though. No difference at all. 

RamosLitz
First Poster
Options

I confirm that on line A of 2021 this problem occurs, it is not a hardware problem but a firmware problem, and samsung refuses to fix it. I have this same problem with Q70A on xbox series x, set to 4K, 120HZ and VRR and I see these lines going up, mainly on the dashboard

0 Likes
Brady199785
First Poster
Options

I am having this problem aswell with my series x but I’ve noticed the tv doing these lines even while using the built it apps 

0 Likes
McKenzie 1908
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever get Samsung to acknowledge or get a refund for this issue? I'm furious I paid so much and it has a obvious defect  that hasn't been fixed 

0 Likes
Steelx
Student
Options

Your right I have this issue with these lines scrolling upward turn off vrr and it goes away why haven't Xbox fixed this I mean there very very very hard to see but not the point the TV cost 1500 I want to use vrr as a feature and not have to turn it off because Xbox haven't fixed it 

0 Likes