Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines/Scan lines on Q90T

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 04:50 PM)
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Have the 55 inch Q90T and I'm having some issues with it. The main one is horizontal lines or waves moving up the screen constantly. This only occurs in game mode using any of the HDMI ports. The only way to remove them from the TV is to activate Game Motion Plus but I don't want to use this as it adds input lag and reduces picture quality even further than Game Mode already does. It's worth noting this doesn't seem to occur when playing games at 120hz either, such as Fortnite or Cold War.

Any suggestions? I'm looking to return the TV but was hoping for a solution before I do. 

35 REPLIES 35
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Still have this issue but I've learnt to live with it. I'm still quietly hoping Samsung will fix it but not holding my breath. Potential buyers beware. 

0 Likes
geodion
Journeyman
Options

New Firmware update today - 2014.1,  lets hope will fix the problem.

Swagabean
Journeyman
Options

Really? I don’t see it on their firmware page.

geodion
Journeyman
Options

https://www.samsung.com/gr/support/model/QE55Q90TATXXH/#downloads

It's all Greek to you but you can clearly see the tv model and firmware i  number. I saw it also on uk site.

Swagabean
Journeyman
Options

Ah nice, probably hasn’t hit NA yet thanks.

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Nice one. Thanks for the heads up. My pre-release version (2010) hasn't helped, here's hoping they added more fixes, specifically for this in the final version. 

0 Likes
Iggy1404
Apprentice
Options

So, I took my TV to the service center. They replaced the panel and motherboard and of course that nothing's changed. I told them it's a software issue and that no matter what they do they won't fix it but they did it anyway.

I decided to keep the TV. It's really good, colors are great, sound is amazing and brightness level is insane. I turned on Game Motion Plus but set everything to 0. It still fixes rolling scanlines and (hopefully) keeps input lag low. I'm not overly happy with this since input lag without GMP is 9.1 ms and with GMP on 19.7 ms but it's still low enough not to notice it.

Hopefully, Samsung will fix it via software update, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. They are not even acknowledging this problem although it's a common issue with Q80/90T series.

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Same experience here. I've started using GMP with all sliders turned down. It does fix the scanlines but the trade off is higher input lag like you say. Its fine for single player games, not so suitable for MP. I very much doubt it's even something they're capable of fixing. I think it's possibly a symptom of the early VRR tech that they're using. Watching films and TV is still fantastic though. 

Iggy1404
Apprentice
Options

I fully agree with you, this is most likely byproduct of VRR implementation. Perhaps when Sony finally enables it on PS5, something will improve but I'm not holding my breath.

Regarding input lag, I've studied this topic extensively past couple of days and most people say that everything under 40 ms is considered good. Only top level pros that play fighting games where every frame counts could use less, but "normal" people should be fine with less than 40 ms.

0 Likes
geodion
Journeyman
Options

Bad news guys, scanlines still there after the latest firmware,  less noticeable but still there.