Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HDR Issues

(Topic created on: 05-02-2023 09:07 PM)
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options

HI Al

I have a Samsung TV model number UE75TU7020KXXU and have an issue where when I watch HDR through my Sky Q box it flickersall the time, is there any reports of this and hopefully a fix?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
MattB82
First Poster
Options

Hi, did your HDMI splitter trick work?

Also, is the flickering and image problem similar to this: 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Bright-flash-strobing-on-UHD-HDR-picture/td-p/4210974/emcs_t/S2h8...

0 Likes
Solution
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
@MattB82 Hi I found another link that that said it was the V2 box as they are rubbish and said that the V3 box did the trick, so contacted Sky told them I wanted a V3 box and they changed it and it has resolved the issue HDR now works perfect.
0 Likes
MattB82
First Poster
Options

That’s very helpful, thank you. I will check what version Sky box I have.

By the way, we’re you experiencing the same strobing and black posterisation issues as shown in the videos in the Sky Forums link I posted or was yours and flickering on / off of the whole picture?

Thanks

0 Likes
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
Yes and when I tried to watch anything in HDR on Netflix or Amazon also through the sky Q box the screen would go on and off but all resolved now. If you are contacting Sky tell them ot has to be a V3 box the one without an external power pack just a normal power cable. The box also doesn't have a silver strip at the bottom it's all black and I think smaller too, still a 2TB though.
0 Likes
MattB82
First Poster
Options

Ok, thanks very much. I will give them a call. Of course, it means I lose all of my recordings. Grrr….

0 Likes
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
Yeah unfortunately that is the only downside but I'm sure it will resolve your issue. Apparently Engineer told me the V2 boxes with the silver at the bottom are absolutely rubbish riddled with problems, is that one you have Matt?
0 Likes
MattB82
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I only got it early December but it is a V2 with an external power brick

0 Likes
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
Yeah get it changed to a V3 mateI was quite stern with them as this was my 8th box they kept telling me oh no other reports of this issue but be persistent, your paying for a service so you want it to work correctly
0 Likes