Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HDR Issues

(Topic created on: 24-12-2022 08:06 PM)
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options

HI Al

I have a Samsung TV model number UE75TU7020KXXU and have an issue where when I watch HDR through my Sky Q box it flickersall the time, is there any reports of this and hopefully a fix?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Try a hdmi splitter for now (one that has hdr passthrough) a mains connected one til the software up date drops to remedy it.
G G
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
@Ginga_p Thanks for the help, so I have an hdmi splitter at the moment so run a cable from tv to splitter then cable from splitter to sky Q box rather than direct from TV to Sky Q box?
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
There was the same problem with the qe65qn95bat til a a software update so i ran a portta hdmi splitter from the sky q box straight to the tv. Or you can get round it by using the apps on the tv for netflix ect and down load things only in 4k not hdr from sky
G G
0 Likes
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I have heard this somewhere before about the splitter, this is the one I use which is 4k and powered. So what's the best way to run the cables mate from what to what?? Thanks in advance 20221224_115550_1000002662_1671882959.jpg
0 Likes
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
The blue one on the side is coming from HDMI 1 on tv and the 4 below is going to PS5, FIRE CUBE And CCTV Cameras.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add that for anyone with this issue firstly  ensure that in Audio Visual settings you are  using 2160p- 10 bit.  May also  wish to try another HDMI  cable , however a HDMI splitter may well provide the best fix temporarily.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the help, so I have an hdmi splitter at the moment so run a cable from tv to splitter then cable from splitter to sky Q box rather than direct from TV to Sky Q box? I asked this on the Sky forum and they said they couldn't see how the splitter would help 🤷
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
I had hdmi from sky to the "input" port then another hdmi from a "output" port straight to the tv.
G G
Jamo174
Journeyman
Options
@Ginga_p that's where I was going wrong I put as I said above thank you I'll give a go.
0 Likes