I have this problem for over a month now.
I have a Samsung TV model UA65MU8000WXXY connected to a NAD T748 Receiver Everyhting is well connected,
Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.
When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:
- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the NAD... If i select Tv sound in the settings the sound from the TV COMES ON - IF HDMI IS SELECTED THERE IS NO SOUND FROM THE NAD.
- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..
- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.
- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.
- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.
Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.
This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it...
Totally unacceptable, problems reported for 2 years at least and NO solution from this company. Same here with one of the 2020 frame TVs and Naim streamer.
Did you return the thing ?