Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 2 panel S90c query

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 11:14 AM)
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

Purchased a 55” S90C from Samsung direct and found this was using a gen 1 2022 QD OLED panel. I was surprised that this did not come with the gen 2 2023 panel. 

I have sent back for exchange but wondered if anyone had a similar issue experience or if any Samsung reps reading these boards wanted to comment if I should expect a gen 2 or if this is standard practice?

thank you

24 REPLIES 24
Jacob01
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for the very detailed instructions 👌🏼

Does it make any difference in what kind of virtual remote app it is? 

0 Likes
Members_PUXjaVt
First Poster
Options

Bud I just checked my s95c is this a gen 1 panel 

0 Likes
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

I’m not so versed in the s95c tbh. Did you check the anapeak value and if so what value did you get? Also, what size screen is it?

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

S95C is gen 2. 

0 Likes
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

You don’t get it mate. The tv can have gen1 or gen2 panels though depending on production date. 

I have an S90C with a gen 1 panel. The same could be the case with the S95C (though I am more versed in the S90C situation).  

In the case of a S95C it would have a panel from a S95B. The way to validate and check this is by checking the anapeak value in the hidden service menu. For example. S90C with a 686 value is a gen 1 panel. Same model with a 512/5xx value is a gen 2 panel. 

It is a somewhat shady practice by Samsung tbh. Like I say, not as close to the S95C situation, but in principle the same scenario could be the case. 

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

According to all the reviews I’ve read, and also the very nerdy people on the tv forums, all S95C’s have the gen 2 panel. I have an S92C (same as S90C except slightly better sound system apparently) which has gen 2 panel.

0 Likes
LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

That’s fair and makes sense re it being the flagship model. 

id also say that given Samsung are now marketing their gen 3 panel I’d like to hope any S90 S92 have had any old gen 1 panel stock washed through. As the post starts I bought my S90 C in nov last year and it came with gen 1. The replacement Samsung sent was also gen 1.

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

I bought mine in November too, but was lucky enough to get the gen 2 panel. It is a bit of a lottery. I find avforums.com and avsforums.com (USA equivalent) to be very informative regarding these tv’s. 

LawlessZero
Explorer
Options

Aye. Used avg for my calibrating. 

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

AVG?

0 Likes