Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame TV (32", 2020) - Bezel and eco light sensor

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 01:22 PM)
AWO20
Apprentice
Options

Hi all!

So I have the 32", 2020 model of the Frame. Art Mode looks great, and it responds reasonably well to the light levels in the room when it's on Eco Mode (gets darker when the room is darker, brighter when the room is brighter).

But: once I install a bezel, that stops working. It no longer responds to changes in light conditions, and gets randomly brighter and darker. 

Seems like the ambient light sensor used for the Eco Mode is on the top of the little Samsung button on the left hand side of the TV, and the bezel covers it up. Which is kinda....ridiculous? Seeing as Samsung made the TV and the bezel...why don't they go together?

I can see a previous thread (2018) in which a similar issue is being discussed: 

> I've seen the thread about the sensor needing to sit proud of the bezel, but mine is and its still too bright.

I can't find the thread being referenced in that thread though. I'm not sure it would make a difference since it's pretty clear what the problem is.

I've contacted Samsung support via chat but they say they've never heard of this issue and have no solution to offer. 

Has anyone found a way round this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AWO20
Apprentice
Options

Oh - seems like I accidentally posted this twice. Well, I posted it - and then it for some reason went into my 'rejected posts' tab, so I tried again and it posted - and now the original post has reappeared. The other thread is here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/frame-2020-32-quot-bezel-interferes-with-art-mode/m-p/2337089

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AWO20
Apprentice
Options

Oh - seems like I accidentally posted this twice. Well, I posted it - and then it for some reason went into my 'rejected posts' tab, so I tried again and it posted - and now the original post has reappeared. The other thread is here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/frame-2020-32-quot-bezel-interferes-with-art-mode/m-p/2337089

0 Likes
Steku
Journeyman
Options

I have Frame 32" 2022. I measured how the automatic brightness adjustment works in the Art mode with the photo DSLR camera, by going from complete dark room to extremely bright. It works but is not sensitive enough. The full scale of automatic adjustment is 1/2 step (EV). This is equivalent of one step of manual adjustment in the Art mode. It should be at least 4x more sensitive (2 EV) to properly react to the varying level of room illumination. Unfortunately in 32" 2022 frame there is no option to adjust the brightness sensor sensitivity.

It's either a software bug or poor design decision by Samsung:

- not enough range of the brightness sensor response,

- no option to set the sensitivity.

My measurements revealed that TV mode brightness settings don't affect the Art mode brightness settings.