Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 2019 not uploading all photos

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 07:17 PM)
IanLeonard
First Poster
Options

My Frame TV model number QE55LS03RAUXXU will only upload some photos from my phone but not others! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, they are all 1600 x 900, all under 2mb in size etc etc. 

I get the error:

Failed to save 1 images to the Frame, please try again (04210)

Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
Eric007
Journeyman
Options
Just some things to try if you haven’t already since Samsung isn’t likely to address the issue and since if you can get it to work once, it probably will continue.. Try one at a time. Try a lower resolution photo. Try a different device. Try making sure they are both on 2.4ghz . Make sure no Ethernet is involved.
My 2019 did work when the tv was on Ethernet and iPad was on WiFi, but the new 2020 didn’t until i switched the tv to WiFi.
Good luck.
wunnspeed
Student
Options

Does the USB need to be formatted a certain way? I've inserted it in both of the USB ports on the One Connect box and it doesn't seem to be recognized by the TV, at all. Wow.... this is shockingly frustrating.

FYI - I've tried the SmartThings app a few more times as well. No luck at all. With all the hours I've spent on this over the past few days, I could have been doing something much more productive.

Eric007
Journeyman
Options

I formatted with MSDOS Fat 32. 

0 Likes
Gurd
First Poster
Options

Hey guys I was having the same issue and stumbled across the fix - not sure if the same solution can be applied to your Frames but here goes:

I changed my Frame to connect to the Internet via a wired connection, this is what stopped me uploading images. As soon as I switched back to a wireless connection (and my Frame and phone were connected to the same wireless point) it worked a charm. 

Hope this helps you guys!

0 Likes
KW62
First Poster
Options

Brilliant! Worked with my 2019 model. Annoying and time consuming, but at least we can use the feature that was the main reason for purchasing the TV in the first place. Thank you!

0 Likes
BosAutomations
First Poster
Options

We are Samsung dealers and this is extremely embarrassing for us. We have two 2020 Samsung The Frame TVs set up and cannot send photos to the television. It used to be a great demo to put the client's kids or pets up on the frame. Samsung is ignoring both customers and dealers.

Eric007
Journeyman
Options

Make sure both the mobile device and the tv are on the same network. WiFi seems to work. I can use an iPad or iPhone.

I use Pixabay.com to download free photos. Start with 1 at lower resolution then try higher resolution one. and so on. Then try a few at a time.

You can also put them on a usb stick and plug it into the tv box. The flash drive ( formatted with ExFat? not Mac)) shows up in My Photos when you are at the upload stage I recall. I had difficulty as well with the 2020 model (the 2019 worked ok) and tried the usb, which worked, then I used wifi.

Radical1981
Student
Options

I signed in just to say this. I tried for 20mnts and I was successful once with no rhyme or reason. Once I got one collage to upload I quickly built another with 20 seconds and nothing. @samsung fix this *****. We spent a premium and your peddling your own art. 🤦🏽‍♂️Smh  

0 Likes
Radical1981
Student
Options

I’m hoping they answer soon. I purchase one for my home office with the plan to purchase 3 for my office building. I’m going to wait. 

0 Likes
Crafterdad
First Poster
Options

Tank you! Thats it!

No way that the type of connection is the reason!!!

0 Likes