Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame 55 2022 - chirping/bleeping noise

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 11:23 AM)
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Hello

I am hearing a chirping/beeping noise from bottom right hand side of TV. It’s quiet and intermittent but very annoying. 

The Samsung technical team have been informed and they’re monitoring the situation. 

But I wanted to see if others have experienced the issue and have managed to sort it. 

88 REPLIES 88
docbphd
Student
Options

Long shot, but I’m doing some testing and find that I can get the beeping to stop if I remove my bezel. When I put the bezel back on the beeping starts again after about 10 seconds. Do others have a bezel attached? Could it be the magnets on the bottom bezel that’s near that right-hand side or near the One Connect cable? I’m going to keep my bezel off for a few days and see if it reappears. I’ve only tested for an hour or so so far but no beeping up until now.

0 Likes
Atticus063
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm the issue is consistent without the bezel on.

If people do not see this when TV is mounted then it will likely be magnet related/the sound echoes off the wall more easily causing it to be more noticeable.

My replacement set came (based in UK) serial numbers were quite close so likely the same batch, the sound is still there.

Replacing with a LG G2. 

Lovely TV from Samsung but terrible customer support and bad quality control isn’t OK.

Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Same. Issue occurred with or without bezel. 

Wall mounting seems to be one of the main triggers for the underlining issue which is a flipping joke given the whole purpose of having a frame!!

docbphd
Student
Options

Ah, was worth a shot! I’ll see how I go but think you’re right about the wall mounting.  I’ve resisted getting a replacement (had two previous already for different issues) as it doesn’t seem to fix the issue in all cases.

0 Likes
hearnshaw86
Student
Options

Mines hung at 3mm from wall - has anyone hung it further from the wall? Does the issue still persist?

0 Likes
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Mine sits flush as can be. 

TBH, I would have claimed a full refund and ditched Samsung forever after this experience, had it not been for the one connect device and the fact the wires are now channelled into my concrete wall 

0 Likes
Keleesusan
Apprentice
Options

The tech had mine off the wall and it was still doing it. 

0 Likes
hearnshaw86
Student
Options

Yeah - the fact that it gradually gets louder over time seems to move the problem away from being wall mounted. 

0 Likes
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Did tech identify the issue?

0 Likes
Solution
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

I think (really hope) this is the fix. Samsung support finally sent me this:

Press the Menu button on the remote > General & Privacy > Terms & Privacy > Privacy Choices > Terms and Conditions > Locate the 'User Positioning Privacy Notice' > Deselect the 'User Positioning Privacy Notice'.

It's seems to have worked for me so far, really hope it stays that way, and also that it works for others.

Far as I understand this is the function that detects of you're there or not, and adjust settings to save energy of it thinks you're not. So I think it could make sense the beeping was a sonar sort of thing..might be premature but has sorted the problem for a few hours of TV, whereas previously was hearing it pretty much every couple of minutes.