Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Amplifier On/Off Power Control with Universal Remote Not Working

(Topic created on: 24-11-2019 08:40 PM)
the_akuma
Apprentice
Options

I've just purchased a new 7 series TV and I've hooked up an external amp, and gone through the Samsung universal remote set up so that it's volume is controlled with the Samsung remote... but the remote will not turn the amplifier on or off.

This is all the more frustrating because the only calibration / test performed when you set up the universal remote is to toggle the power on the amplifier!!!

I did try to get an answer through online chat with a Samsung representative but they told me to:

- Perform a reset of the remote by removing the batteries and pushing all the buttons

- Return the TV as faulty as it's within 28 days of purchase

Has anyone had any luck getting their universal remote to control the power toggle on an external amplifier?

If anyone knows a fix let me know! (and no I'm not returning the TV)

13 REPLIES 13
Mister Malle
First Poster
Options

It seems a lot of users have this issue and that Samsung just ignores this. Has anyone gotten an answer from Samsung?

0 Likes
ArcticCascade
First Poster
Options

Same problem here:

I have a Logitech Z5500 speaker system connected via optical. It's quite old and I've misplaced the original remote, and the physical power button no longer works. I usually just leave it powered on all the time, but when the power goes out it starts back up in standby mode. Only way to get it going again is to delete the device from the TV and add it in again, running the power test in the process.

0 Likes
Members_geEoR3z
First Poster
Options

I did have the working for a time with a Denon amp - powered down when TV switched off and up when switched back on.  Sky box also working same.  However, it has recently stopped working for some reason. I've not knowingly changed any settings and Sky box is still switching off/on with TV.  

0 Likes
Members_geEoR3z
First Poster
Options

I now have this working - needed HDMI out from amp to TV input in addition to optical out from amp. Now switches off/on Denon amp when TV switched off/on.  It's clearly not the remote that's switching the amp off as there's a delay but it works a treat.

0 Likes