Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 17-04-2018 12:40 PM)
Annie98
Student
Options

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

140 REPLIES 140
Jimmy_Pere
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have the same problem. I tried to go to the Menu/ Settings/Update, but i cannot do this (update) because is not available!? Do you have any idea why? ( The internet connection  is o.k.)

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Jimmy_Pere.

The update may not be available over the air yet for your TV, but if you know your TV's model number you'll be able to search for its product support page and it may be available to download and install using a USB. Obimatt's post here gives some decent guidance.

Geoff3107
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Tried your approach, got as far as downloading the update to USB, plugged it in to the tv, went to s/w update via USB, message came up saying no USB updates found......arrggh.

I'm using a Cruzer Blade stick, l assume this should be ok.

A message did pop up on the tv confirming the stick was in place and whether it contained videos or photos. Could it be that the Cruzer Blade is not the type of USB to use, or does it have to be configured before downloading the update?.................help/advice much appreciated.

0 Likes
Monkeyface
First Poster
Options
This is the solution. Smarthub stopped working for ages. I wasted loads of time, was showing up to date. But manually downloaded and installed using USB and it’s all working again. Thanks
kjm1501
First Poster
Options

Had same issue.... as the first replier suggested, the problem resides in missing software updates.  I used the DNS name of 8866 and successfully connected to the internet....THEN, before you go try an internet app like Netflix (which will just break your internet connection you just established) , go to your Support menu option and do the Software Updates download.  Once you install these and the TV reboots, you can then retry your Network Settings connection to your WIFI router and internet, and then go successfully open one of your internet apps in your SmartHub.

Peter_barb
First Poster
Options

Hello!

i own two Samsung Smart Tv’s both the same just different sizes.  The small one I was able to update the software and recognizes the wireless wifi however the large one 55” does not.  

Is the problem with the large tv itself or something else? 

0 Likes
Elaine4444
First Poster
Options

Cannot connect to internet jus says ERROR_MODEL_BIND on my Samsung smart tv

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Peter_barb wrote:

Hello!

i own two Samsung Smart Tv’s both the same just different sizes.  The small one I was able to update the software and recognizes the wireless wifi however the large one 55” does not.  

Is the problem with the large tv itself or something else? 

Hi @Peter_barb,   no it won't be anything to do with the Tv size per se.   Were you able to update the software via USB on the 55" inch screen?  If so and wi fi problems then I suggest you try the following advice from @AntS  on this thread Wifi Issues.   If you were unable to update Tv software can you format USB stick and download again in first instance?

@Elaine4444   Same advice applies, firstly ensure you have the latest update though  by checking Samsung Support and if not download latest firmware to USB and update Tv that way.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
halojen
First Poster
Options

I just started having the same issue.  Problem is, when I type in my model number, it doesn't recognize it.  My model # is PN60E550D1FXZA.  Please help!

0 Likes
Geraldyeap
Student
Options
I am having ‘ERROR_MODEL_BIND’, my model is UA32EH4500.

Please help!
0 Likes