Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 15-01-2018 07:26 AM)
Annie98
Student
Options

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

140 REPLIES 140
Tiff
Apprentice
Options

I've always been able to connect to the internet. It's just the past 2 weeks I've had this  error and cannot. 

I called Samsung Support too and was given a number for repair engineers in my area. It will be chargeable.

The number is 01708 361560

I haven't had a chance to call yet. 

Looks like a lot of people have this issue. I'm not sure why it seems impossible to get a quick answer from Samsung. 

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
I called Samsung Support too and was given a number for repair engineers in my area. It will be chargeable.

The number is 01708 361560

I haven't had a chance to call yet. 

Looks like a lot of people have this issue. I'm not sure why it seems impossible to get a quick answer from Samsung. 

0 Likes
Clare2018
Journeyman
Options

I have done all of the above without any resolution.

it should be noted that we have four different Samsung smart TVs in our house and this one is the only tv to suddenly develop an issue in Dec 2017.  Unable to use the smart hub/click on any apps without seeing this error message.

ive reset the tv

ive reset the hub

set the dns to 8888 or 8884

unplugged the router as instructed

no updates required for the tv 

So many other people are suddenly getting this issue so I refuse to call an engineer as the tv otherwise works fine.

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options

I have also tried all that and don't want to pay for a repair. No one from Samsung has even replied to my post from last week. Very disappointing service. 

0 Likes
Clare2018
Journeyman
Options

Oh I will be fuming if I do not get some sort of contact.  Did you pm the guy? Have you checked your emails / spam?

Samsung support is a contract that is run by Capita in Leeds.  I was a Knowledge and Comms manager for Capita for three years so tomorrow I will be contacting their Ops manager to see who runs these community pages and how we can get an answer.  Will keep you updated 

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options

I haven't PM'd them. I'll try that. But thank you I'd really appreciate your updates. You sound like you know what your doing! 

0 Likes
Scritchy
First Poster
Options

It's ironic that this starts to happen the same month that Apple are outed for slowing down people's devices!! Samsung, come up with a solution to this issue or at least have the honesty to own up to what the issue is here?

my rather expensive Samsung plasma has just failed after 6 years and now my Samsung DVD player is showing this error. Panasonic here I come....

0 Likes
Boogyboots
Student
Options

I have an 8000 series. Always worked fine until recently. Have connected to a wired network, wireless was always ok before, and it refuses to connect to the network. Didnt' realise so many people having this problem. Im on fibre and all other devices fine. HELP PLEASE

0 Likes
Clare2018
Journeyman
Options

You need to send that Ant guy a pm.  He has sent my details to the techs who are investigating the problem.

I too have four Samsung TVs and only one of them have this issue.  My network is saying it’s connected but I get that error code which it then states there is an issue with connection which there isn’t.

no Netflix’s in bed for me 😡

0 Likes
Scritchy
First Poster
Options

I managed to eliminate this issue last night on my DVD player by updating the software in the main options menu.

The player was saying it was connected to the internet. so I did the upgrade By Internet rather than messing around with memory sticks

Software Upgrade

The Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player’s software for performance improvements or additional services. By Internet To upgrade by Internet, follow these steps:

1. Select By Internet, and then press the ENTER button. The Connecting to Server message appears.

2. If there is a download available, the Download pop-up appears with a progress bar and the download starts.

3. When the download is complete, the Upgrade Query window appears with three choices: Upgrade Now, Upgrade Later, or Don’t Upgrade.

4.  select Upgrade Now, the player upgrades the software, turns off, and then turns on automatically. 

The machine went into its "connecting " mode and seemed to freeze in this state

I had to turn the machine off again but it came right after that and I got onto Netflix and web browsing 

I hope this helps some of you as SmaSmung should have the answers and be here with the prompts to help people avoid outrageous service fees (I deal with service guys and understand the cost of their time/equipment/training etc - not their fault ), for doing a simple process like this.  What a cop out to by Samsmum to get us doing customer service for them - 

0 Likes