Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

96 REPLIES 96
Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

Not seeing this on my TV….. did you have to change any settings?

I checked a few films and they are still coming through as DD+

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

First you need make sure your tv supports e-arc. 
Secondly make sure you software (2101.2 for the frame 2020) of your tv and d+ app has the latest version.

0 Likes
MortenAG
Apprentice
Options

Still only seeing 5.1 here. D+ is version 1.10.0, Samsung Q80 version 2101.

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Not sure about the q80 config if its supporting atmos.

My config is the frame 2020, Sonos atmos soundsystem. Which shows now with d+ content atmos output.

0 Likes
MortenAG
Apprentice
Options

Yes, that is the same setup I have. I can see in the D+ app on the TV that it has Atmos content, but when I play it and look in my Sonos app it says it is 5.1. Would be interested in knowing who is responsible to make it work, Disney or Samsung.

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

I live in the netherlands maybe it is not released in the rest of World yet. Just guessing.

disney is the owner of their content and applications. Samsung provides a platform where companies can design their apps. 
As Samsung is a big player it is interesting to use their tizen platform.

0 Likes
Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

Ahh ok, other apps / services support Atmos over DD+ via standard ARC.

of the services I have it’s still only Disney+ that is not supporting Atmos, Apple TV App now supports it too, which surprised me

MortenAG
Apprentice
Options

Norway here. Yeah, I'm thinking this is down to Disney. I guess they develop the app for Tizen. And I know Atmos works on my TV. As it does for the Netflix app and the AppleTV-app. What version is your D+ app?

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

The Disney app is version 1.7.1, released 3/11

0 Likes
Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

The App Store says 1.7.1 is installed, but the actual app says 1.10

0 Likes