Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos issues

(Topic created on: 20-11-2019 11:20 AM)
rojw13
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung 2018 65Q9 and an N850 soundbar. I get Dolby Atmos through my Sky Q box connected to the one connect box with no issues it's perfect. Nothing else I connect to the one connect box will come through in Atmos. both my Xbox one X and my Apple TV 4k will only come out in Dolby digital. If I plug either of these into the N850 directly they will both come out in atmos with no issues.  This now makes the one connect box pretty redundant as I now require even more cables to connect the components directly to the soundbar.  I have really lost faith in Samsung products and they do not seem to be able to help me get these products to work as they should.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
Sorry to hear of your frustration, @rojw13. In the user manual it does mention that Dolby Atmos is only available on the soundbar via an HDMI connection to an external device. To find out more please check the link below and scroll to page 16.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180828102957178/HW-N850_ZA_FullManual_02_ENG_1...
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
Sorry to hear of your frustration, @rojw13. In the user manual it does mention that Dolby Atmos is only available on the soundbar via an HDMI connection to an external device. To find out more please check the link below and scroll to page 16.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180828102957178/HW-N850_ZA_FullManual_02_ENG_1...

I bet they did not mention that this TV cannot pass Dolby Atmos through to your Samsung Atmos soundbar. I think slightly mislabeled. 

Not that Samsung ever make claims which are not true. Bit like on the KS series with BBC iPlayer HLG, the so called free dongle to enable smart things, which never happened. The removal of the TV's specs, in respect to DTS and video support. 

Then you get the 8k 900R Which apparently does not meet the 8K special, but the so called one box 2.1 HDMI update, only one HDMI is 2.1.

Never believe, but get in writing from your supplier as they are responsible. 

0 Likes
rojw13
Pioneer
Options
The one connect is connected via HDMI to the soundbar. Also, this does not explain why the Sky Q box is happily chirping out Atmos even though it is connected to the one connect box not directly to the soundbar.
0 Likes