Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Disable Wireless & Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 12:45 PM)
t1ck3ts
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Just bought a new T.V, and im pretty shocked at the rubish options menu, stupid me for not doing enough homework before buying the T.V, so this is on me. :thinking-face:

TV Model #: UE55MU6015

I NEED to disable Wireless and Bluetooth access to my T.V, i dont use it, so there is no need for them to be running.
To make matters even worse, i have roughly 13-27 notifications of devices trying to connect to my T.V via Wireless and Bluetooth, on a daily bases, none of which, can be turned off in the menu's

So before i pack this T.V back in its box and get my refund, is there any why for me to turn these services off?

40 REPLIES 40
JohnOldman
Apprentice
Options

I already disabled BT audio (off) & BT support (off) from the service menu, but my smart tv keeps bluetooth turned on.

Is there any way to disable bluetooth signal completely?

Maybe there is another function to disable ... Any ideas are welcome

0 Likes
pauledd
Journeyman
Options

I can only talk about my model (NU8009):

I changed:

Voice Recognition OFF

Network Support NONE (wifi_int)

BT Support OFF

Simple IR Remote Control ON

Samsung Smart Control OFF

And of cause I use an old IR remote, not that smart rubbish with its always on microphone in it, sending

my hot and dirty words that I say to my wife in the bedroom to Samsung speech recognition cloud servers through the whole world! :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

0 Likes
stevgil
First Poster
Options

Hello, I was searching to find a TV where both Wifi and Bluetooth can be turned off but no luck so far. However, I've just seen your post and would be keen to learn if you've managed to successfully stop these and if you did it by using a different Universal IR remote. Any info would be greatly appreciated. My best wishes

0 Likes
Khattak_Sahib
First Poster
Options

Best wireless router for streaming might be good fit for your problem that you are facing now.

0 Likes
pauledd
Journeyman
Options

@Khattak_Sahiband how will your Amazon router advertisment link disable bluetooth in my Samsung TV?

Markt as SPAM and OFFTOPIC!

0 Likes
Friedav20
First Poster
Options

I found a way to quick fix, connect a blue tooth device from your home to the tv.  I have various people trying to connect to my tv.  Therefore i connected my phone blue tooth to my tv, and blocked it this way. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
tpalm
First Poster
Options

You also need to disable BLE in the service menu (BT low energy).  This will solve your issue however, you will notice that the TV will still "knock" every approx. 1 min.  I assume this is a BT knock that is initiated by another service menu selection.  I have not found a way to eliminate the knock yet but overall setting BLE to off will fix the issue you are experiencing.  I spent a good deal of time wondering why setting BT to off did not eliminate the BT signal.  I only discoverd the BLE setting after having to deal with new BLE support in Sonos Beam and SL speakers / this led me to look again at my Samsung service menu.  While this generally fixes the issue it is still inexplicable why Samsung does not present BT config. options in the standard menu system.  And if anyone can figure out how to eliminate the periodic BT knock I would buy that person a beer!

0 Likes
LuKl
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Was you able to resolve the "knock" issue following BT disabling? I have the same issue with TU8000 new TV after turning off BT support. Really desperate.  Also opened the back cover and tried to remove BT cable as it is explained in some youtube videos but looks like they combined BT and IR together since IR remote doesn't work  after removing this cable. 

0 Likes
LuKl
First Poster
Options

Actually I am not sure this is the same problem - after turning off BT support the TV restarts every 2.5 minutes. Any idea how to resolve?

0 Likes
Simpao
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem after turning off BT support (on model Qe55q70): the TV restarts every 5 minutes and the response from the remote control (IR) is slow and inaccurate.

0 Likes