Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Register New Smart TV, cannot get TV to work can only get American TV, getting fed up!!

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 01:55 PM)
Members_6qUUTgT
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung Smart tv, model no.  UE32T4037AK on the 4th November after speaking to Argos Support they could not help me and said the problem was I didn't have it plugged into the aerial so was not getting all channels.  I was waiting for an extension lead which I got the next day, then chatted online to an Samsung assistant who also could not help with problem, I only get channels from 4001 onwards (American TV).  Today I tried to register, which was difficult and now they say the serial number is wrong.  Can anyone help please???

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Look in the menu's or your manual for 'factory reset' instructions on my LG C1 its called 'reset to initial settings' as samsung support recommended you plug the aerial in first ensure this has been done, go through the setup steps and see if fixes your issue.

During setup on my TV i'm required to select my country/region this maybe autoselected from your available channels but be sure to take in any registration steps to ensure your not selecting it manually.

If the problem remains you will probably benefit from adding more detailed information to your post like the model of your tv, it will help the community try to support you.

Best of luck I hope you get it sorted out.
All the best
AndrewL
Options

@Members_6qUUTgT: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV? This can be found on the sticker in the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. 

Regarding the registration of the TV, are you using the Samsung Members site via the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/members/

For your peace of mind, registration for our standard 12 month warranty is not required, as the warranty activates automatically on the date of purchase. 

0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
You get American TV, I'd love that much better than the recycled wash on uk TV
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Agreed UK tv is terrible, that being said the best thing I did was cancel my TV licence and use the money towards streaming platforms lol.
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I cancelled my TV licence a few years ago, still get the odd goon knocking on my door
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Me too, they love wasting money sending sales reps to knock on my door.. The BBC mafia are a persistent bunch of fools
Members_6qUUTgT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks very much for your reply, I had an electrician around and he could not get Free View.  The television is in my bedroom, I have an aerial socket so thought perhaps it wasn't working.  He bought an amplified aerial and still no Free View.  I have the tv apps so will probably just have to use them.  Not very happy with the tv, Samsung  UE32T4037AK.  All other Samsung says Free View on the description, this one doesn't.  Thanks very much for replying.

0 Likes
Members_6qUUTgT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks you for your reply Andrew, it is good to know it is already registerred.  The model is UE32T4037AK.  Thanks

0 Likes
Members_6qUUTgT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying you are right it is mainly rubbish on UK TV but there are some things I do watch on the BBC and ITV.  This television has a lot of streaming services, Netflix which I am already paying for, just annoyed I can't get Free View if I wanted it, thanks again for replying.

0 Likes