Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot Get Past Ts & Cs Page with Q80A TV

(Topic created on: 09-04-2023 03:04 PM)
TheCurmugeon
Apprentice
Options

I have a 12 month old QE75Q80A smart TV that is driving me nuts.  I've tried all the fixes I can find on the forum and am now at my wits end.  Please help.

I hit a problem where Alexa no longer worked and in an attmpt to fix it I ended up doing a Smart Centre reset.  I lost all my apps and sign-ins which is a hassle but not a disaster.  However, I can't re-install any apps because I can't get past the point of accepting Ts & Cs.

At every attempt it just tells me the server is down and try again later, with a cryptic code of 28-1.   So far I've tried:

• Rebooting the router and re-establishing a new network connection
  • Changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8
  • Doing a soft reboot of the TV (hold down on/off button).
  • Doing a disconnect and power on reboot
  • Doing a full, start from scratch reset with auto setup, new PIN, etc.
  • Re-creating my Samsung account.

The only other suggested option appears to be to call out a Samsung technician.  I'd rather put a hammer through the screen, cut my losses and buy an LG, Sony or Panasonic.  It looks like this is a common problem, especially for US and Canadian owners, but none of their solutions worked for me.

Please, does anyone have any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheCurmugeon
Apprentice
Options

Solved it! 

TheCurmugeon_0-1681070379309.png

Despite having run entirely problem free for a year with a hard wired network connection via the RJ45 socket, it seems you can only get the show back on the road via a WiFi connection.

In desperation I switched to a Wireless network connection and everything went through first time.  This was despite having a comparitively weedy WiFi signal from the other end of the property.  I then switched back to a wired connection to get the full benefit of my Gigabit internet service.

What an amazingly flawed software design.  And no, there's no mention of it anywhere in the printed documentation that came with the TV, at least not anywhere I can find it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You said you've done a Smart Centre reset. Have you tried just factory resetting the whole TV?
The TV settings will show up without doing anything else.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I liked your post because of the "hammer through the screen" remark. Lol but I understand your frustration. I had a problem with my 55" Samsung TV. A complete factory reset solved my issue. I did come close to doing what you'd rather do though!
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Sorry. Just read you've done a full reset. Maybe you have an unstable WiFi connection. Especially at the time of you trying to accept the terms & conditions.
0 Likes
Solution
TheCurmugeon
Apprentice
Options

Solved it! 

TheCurmugeon_0-1681070379309.png

Despite having run entirely problem free for a year with a hard wired network connection via the RJ45 socket, it seems you can only get the show back on the road via a WiFi connection.

In desperation I switched to a Wireless network connection and everything went through first time.  This was despite having a comparitively weedy WiFi signal from the other end of the property.  I then switched back to a wired connection to get the full benefit of my Gigabit internet service.

What an amazingly flawed software design.  And no, there's no mention of it anywhere in the printed documentation that came with the TV, at least not anywhere I can find it.

0 Likes
CathyB3
First Poster
Options

I have done factory reset, reset smart hub and I have it set up to wireless connection, but am now left with no apps and cannot get past the terms and conditions to reset it all.  I have BT Tv and to be honest, have had issues not with BT TV but all the other apps since it was set up

0 Likes