Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Bixby working and lots of settings are Greyed out

(Topic created on: 25-11-2019 08:54 PM)
Jonnybuesnel
Journeyman
Options

Every time I go the the bixby voice settings I get the message, "a problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server. Please try again later". I am connected to the internet and all other apps work. I spoke at great length to a Customer Service agent who informed me that my Smart remote was faulty, so sent another one. It hasn't made any difference. I have reset the TV multiple times and now a lot of options are greyed out, including self-diagnosis. 
can anyone help? This is a brand new TV 

model number: QE55Q60RATXXU

it's driving me crazy, as Bixby still interrupts viewing and then says, "we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

30 REPLIES 30
AlGsy
First Poster
Options

Hi from Guernsey - same issues. Can you email me the solution please? A t *****@*****. Thanks!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AlGsy 

We edited your email address so it's not being displayed in a public platform. The best way to share any private information with someone is to send them a 'private message' by clicking on their user name and selecting 'send a message'.

Hope this helps!

Nicole25
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I Stopped speaking to Samsung and went back to where I purchased tv. I was advised to reset tv to factory settings and start the tv again but not set up bixby when given the option. I have been told It is because the Channel Islands are not recognized, we are neither England nor France 🙄 I run my tv through sky but was told if you don't and just use Ariel then the connection problem with Bixby should not happen. Hope that helps. I have let Samsung  know this is a problem however.

0 Likes
Queeshy
First Poster
Options

hi @groucho_manx, please could you send me your solution? I live on the IOM too and getting this issue.

0 Likes
GK8
First Poster
Options

Hi mate,

I also live on IOM. Could you please email me the solution?

Email: **************@*******.com

Many thanks,

George

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @GK8

I've edited out your email address due to data protection. Please use the 'Send a message' function when you click on their username, to exchange personal information.
RH_IOM
First Poster
Options

@Groucho_Manx wrote:

Do you still have this problem?

I'm in the Isle of Man (ie "Offshore") and had a similar problem with a QE55Q90

I believe it's down to not being "UK" despite the TV offering UK as an option.

Anyway, after much hassle I found how to sort this, and mine now works perfectly 🙂  I believe the same fix works for Q7 series, so it's highly likely it will work on all QLED TVs.

If you can provide an email address I will email you details 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Edit: 16th Jan 2020. Just leaving this here for everyone so they can see it better. Please don't share your email addresses on the public forum, as it will open you up to spammers and scammers. The best way to share any info like that with someone on here is to send them a private message: click on their username, and then select 'send a message'. Cheers! - AntS 

Please can you send me the fix for this - I'm in the isle of man

0 Likes
Biggiom4
First Poster
Options
I have sent you a private message regarding this. Many thanks
GK8
First Poster
Options

hi @groucho_manx could you please private message me the solution. I think i sent you my email in private message few weeks ago. many thanks

0 Likes
Alicat
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution yo this yet? I am in the isle of man. Thanks 

0 Likes