Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can you turn the default subtitles setting to "off" on the media player?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 03:59 PM)
SDW316
Journeyman
Options

Hi - I have the Samsung 55" TU7020 TV and whenever I watch anything through the USB/media player, it always plays things with the subtitles on... I have to manually switch them off EVERY time. Just wondering if there's anything I can do so the default setting would be to play things with the  subtitles OFF? Thanks. 

15 REPLIES 15
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@SDW316 

if not yet, try updating the firmware from this link

manual 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
subtitles are not controlled by the TV. Depending on the programs watched it all depends if somebody has gone to the trouble of adding subtitles to a program... there should be a subtitle button on your remote that should turn off the subtitles
0 Likes
SDW316
Journeyman
Options

@blueberry_cheesecake

Thanks... is it possible to talk me through how to do that at all? Sorry to be a pain... I'm a bit of a newbie at things like this! 

0 Likes
SDW316
Journeyman
Options

@pete007

Hi - yeah, it's possible to remove the subtitles manually - but you have to go into the media player settings, select subtitles, then "off", then "OK", then return etc. ... the whole thing takes over 10 presses and it just gets a bit frustrating having to do it EVERY time, lol. I was just wondering if there's an option so the default subtitle setting on the media player is "off"...it would make more sense!?  Cheers. 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Perfectly understand what you mean. I haven't been able to change the default to no subtitles.
SDW316
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, it's strange... you'd think it would be the other way around (and the default setting would be subtitles OFF) 🤷‍♂️

MustardSG
Student
Options

THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Watching a season of 22 min episodes and having to turn the Subtitles off every single episode is maddening for how simple a fix it should be.

SAMSUNG!!!!! fix your media player defaults!!!!

Pseudo73
First Poster
Options

Totally agree, this is the most annoying feature of every Samsung TV.

sifuamin
First Poster
Options

I would be very interested if you can resolve this. It's incredibly annoying.

0 Likes