Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play videos via Web Browser

(Topic created on: 17-02-2019 03:07 PM)
realitywynn
Apprentice
Options

**Help**

My Samsung TV is no longer playing videos whenever I try to access them via websites on the Web Browser within the TV.
UHD9000 series is my TV..
Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?

Please advise..

Thanks in advance!

123 REPLIES 123
Robster34
Apprentice
Options

@Robster34 wrote:

I get a "Failed to execute AppendBuffer on sourcebuffer: the sourcebuffer is full and cannot free space to append additional buffers." error message when I am playing videos from www.motogp.com in full screen mode. 

If I do not play them in full screen mode it works fine.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this?

I just found out that the video plays fine when I play the video in 720p mode in full screen. So it probably has to do with the amount of data it needs to buffer.

Would there be any way to play it in 1080p mode?

0 Likes
Xli1994
Student
Options

I got the same problem: a week ago I could watch any videos from Internet, now suddenly I can't view it in some sites. My TV model is UN55MU6490.

Panda-sg
First Poster
Options

I just have this problem, anyone can help 

0 Likes
shujee
Student
Options

Anyone looking into this? I bought Q60R today and have the same problem. BIG disappointment for me. I expect Samsung to do better than that.

Mardi
Student
Options

Samsung should really stop forcing people to use the apps instead of the users prefered method.. I can't believe Samsung removes the support for HTML5 video..

Samsung needs to be aware that this is a huge deal breaker for a lot of people. I created this account just to spread the awareness of yet another user with this problem. Lets encourage everyone with the problem to create an account so Samsung can implement the support agian! Guess the large companies give a sh*t about customers today..

Anyhow, if they like us to use an app this much, then atleast create an app that can browse the web and play video files.. Anyone knows an workaround? or a way to roll the TV back to an old firmware?

ditikos
Explorer
Options

I'm more prone to think that they haven't tested the code in all html5 players or they do a very big limitation on them. Or the browser has the most useless code and they should switch to a real one like firefox, chrome or better open source project one.

I've seen this working after fourth/fifth/nth attempt of refreshing the page and then using desktop and then back to mobile profile for the native player, but all this is frustrating as hell. This is very limiting to the end customer that has to endure the browser. I ended up using a set top box browser that can handle all this stupidity instead of the native tv browser which is going to make me not recommend this tv line to any of my friends or customers.

iliyanal
Student
Options

We have 4 Samsung TVs - all different models ranging from series 5 to 8 and all have the same issue. We used to be able to play videos from any website but after an update in 2019 it started getting more and more difficult to play them - we'd have to reload the website numerous times until it finally plays it. At some point, it stopped working and we're still unable to watch videos from the browser. I have two friends with Samsung TVs sharing the same problem. It is a total disappointment! I regret buying Samsung TVs for all rooms - no point of it if this feature has been removed. As far as I can remember this issue began around this time in 2019 so it's been way too long for Samsung to fix and it seems they are doing nothing about it.

We've tried resetting browser settings and whatever other suggestions we've found on the web but nothing has worked yet.

Xli1994
Student
Options

Samsung, what are you doing??? You just made TV browser useless. Will never buy your products!

EsteLV
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. Same solution (downgrading video quality) worked at least for one time. Asked for opinion for another Samsung user and he said he doesn't experience video problems on internet browser. One of my guess would be it's problem with data flow through wifi... If possible I would test out connecting TV via internet cable (don't have option now), perhaps this fix problem?
0 Likes
mark96
First Poster
Options

Yep having same issue - does samsung review content from this site.

0 Likes