Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Connection Issue?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 11:39 AM)
triumphboy1
Journeyman
Options
Hi there
Could someone help with a bluetooth speaker connection issue please?
TV is a UE40NU7120 HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart 40” bought new in 2018.
There was originally no bluetooth option in the Sound Output settings, so I’ve gone into the “secret” engineer's menu and turned on BT Support, Samsung Smart Control and also Voice Recognition as advised by a youtube video I saw. 
However, the TV is still not recognising either the main Sony bluetooth speakers, or a second test bluetooth speaker. I know for sure that both these speakers will connect to other sources no problem, so this appears to be a TV issue, not a speaker one?
I noticed that in the engineer’s settings it says BT ADDRESS “Not Support”. Is this maybe the issue? If so, I can’t see how to change that (it won’t respond to any attempted change)?
Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you! 🙂

IMG_9984.jpgIMG_9988.jpgIMG_9987.jpgIMG_9985.jpg
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How to connect Bluetooth devices to your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-connect-bluetooth-devices-to-your-samsung-t...
0 Likes
triumphboy1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but I know how it should connect, that's pretty straight forward. The issue is that the connection is not working when going through that process for a reason I don't currently understand.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try below

On the TV, turn the Bluetooth setting off and on again. ... This step will vary depending on your TV menu options: Select Remotes & Accessories → Bluetooth settings → Bluetooth. Select Bluetooth settings → Bluetooth
And see if connects
0 Likes
triumphboy1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but I can't see any options to turn Bluetooth on/off. No "Remotes & Accessories" option either...The only Bluetooth option appears to be in Sound where is says Speaker List, which is where you are supposed to be able to connect a bluetooth speaker.

0 Likes