Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 disappeared from Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 06:34 PM)
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I have a UE32F5500 Smart  TV. I managed to log into the BBC iPlayer but it wouldn't play any programmes. I see the BBC have said they are no longer supporting the app on some Samsung TVs but this one was not on the list.

I reset the Smart Hub and now the iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are not showing in the Samsung apps list.

I've done a reset within the TV but still none of the apps display. Any ideas? Really hoping they haven't gone forever. The last thing I need is to buy some kind of interactive box or new TV to get these apps back.

48 REPLIES 48
AsadM
Options
Thanks for the information @Robertgsmith and @Becca2.

@Becca2: In regards to update release date, we don't have any information on when they're released as it does vary from model to model.

As you both have the same TV model and software version, it does reduce any confusion there could've been if there was a different model. There is a new update available for your TV model. You can get the upgrade file from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32F5500AKXXU/ When you've downloaded the file, please extract it, and then put it on a USB. There is a guide available on the link on how you can apply it on the TV. If you need any help in applying it, do let us know.
0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

I think that might be beyond my technical abilities - how bad that Samsung don't have a user friendly option!!! 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
@SiNDW. We're not aware of any issues with any other apps being affected by this. Can you please try resetting the Smart Hub on the TV as this will give a fresh start to the apps on Smart Hub. You can do this by going into Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub.
0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Assad

I had already reset the Smarthub and when that didn't work I reset the whole TV. Still none of the apps appeared.

I tried calling Samsung customer support last night but after 45 minutes of noone answering, I gave up.

Why would a reset of the Smarthub have deleted all of the television apps and not show them in the Samsung app list? The Amazon Prime app is still there so it's very strange that the rest have gone.

Robertgsmith
Journeyman
Options

@AsadM

Thank you for that.

I have downloaded the software fix to the USB drive. But the description in the online manual is slightly different to what I see on the menu. Instead of the option to Install I have an option the Extract.

I extracted the file and this gives me the folder T-MST12DEUC

I then plug in the USB to my TV.

Give it a couple of minutes. Goto Support>Software Update>Auto Update 

Auto Update is the only option - it attempts the update but cannot find anything because I updated the software yesterday.

At no point does it offer an option to install from the USB stick.

The TV has recognised the USB stick because it allows me to open its folders and displays pictures, music, and files.

What can I do? 

Becca2
Journeyman
Options

Well done for trying - when i looked at the download I got confused!!  Surely it shouldnt be this hard?  

0 Likes
Robertgsmith
Journeyman
Options

I worked in the IT industry for about 15 years - so there are some things I can still remember!

I would however, like an update from @AsadM on what I need to do to get my TV back working.

JohnEagle
Journeyman
Options

If I select BBCIPlayer I get a msg from SAMSUNG saying

"In order to continue using BBC IPlayer please ensure your TV has been updated with latest software"

When I do so via menu/support/software Update/Update Now it responds with software up to date 

Software Version is T-GFP9DEUC-1410.0,BT-S

If I continue past above warning I successfully see IPLayer menu but if I try to select a program to stream the screen just goes into the wait routine then blank.

Similar with ITV Hub although I dont get the prompt to check s/w version but again I see menu then cant stream anything.

Netfix and Amazon Prime work fine.

I used IPlayer successfully a couple of days ago this just started happening last night

I have tried switching TV off/ on several times with same result.

I tried using chat be samsung response was there was no one available to chat, I then tried phoning but again got same response, so I left a msg to call me back about 4 hrs ago and so far have had no response.

SimonCostain
Apprentice
Options
I'm also having this issue
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Asad

I have tried to do the update as suggested and experienced exactly the same problem as Robert. There is no option to update from USB and the update process takes place with no updates available. What now?

0 Likes