Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 disappeared from Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 09:58 AM)
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I have a UE32F5500 Smart  TV. I managed to log into the BBC iPlayer but it wouldn't play any programmes. I see the BBC have said they are no longer supporting the app on some Samsung TVs but this one was not on the list.

I reset the Smart Hub and now the iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are not showing in the Samsung apps list.

I've done a reset within the TV but still none of the apps display. Any ideas? Really hoping they haven't gone forever. The last thing I need is to buy some kind of interactive box or new TV to get these apps back.

48 REPLIES 48
Robertgsmith
Journeyman
Options

Same for us. Software updates completed. Other video on demand services are working but iPlayer just hangs when it tries to playback a program. 

Becca2
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

I've the exact same tv and mine went yesteday.  Like you I've been and updated software and it still does'nt work.  I've tried a webchat but it's apparently not available, emailed them...no repsonse!  Also I've tried calling twice but given up after a half hour wait!  

Is your's working yet?  

I've a bad feeling it's going to be a new TV!

AsadM
Options
Hi @SiNDW, @Robertgsmith, @Becca2. We're sorry to hear about what you're going through the BBC iPlayer app on your TVs. The security certificates had expired on the app which may result to what you're all experiencing now. An update will be available for supporting TV models and after this is applied, it will fix the issue on the app.

@SiNDW An update for your TV may be required and if this is the case, you can download, extract, and apply it via USB if it isn't available on your TV. You can download the upgrade file from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32F5500AKXXU/ Please check if your TV software version matches the version in the link. If it doesn't apply the update to your TV.

@Robertgsmith and @Becca2 Please send your TV models across along with the current software version, and we'll take a look to see if there's any other software updates available.
Robertgsmith
Journeyman
Options

Asad,

Thank you for your quick reply.

My Model Code is UE32F5500

And the Software Version is T-MST12DEUC-2126.0

Robert

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

I did a complete 'reset' on my TV last night which promted a software update. 

The samsung information on my TV says I'm running: 

Production informtation: 

Model code: UE32F5500

Software version: T-MST12DEUC-2126.0

It's not great to be having to buy a new TV just before Christmas!

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

It wasn't working after the resets and did had a look for apps this morning and still nothing so will try what Samsung suggested..  if I can find a memory stick! What a faff! Why Samsung, why?!

SiNDW
Explorer
Options

That might explain the issue with the iPlayer so I'll try what you suggested it, but why have ITV Hub, All4 and My5 all disappeared as well? They are all apps for the main UK TV channels, all disappeared from my app list and not showing in the Samsung apps list either..

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@AsadM wrote:
Hi @SiNDW, @Robertgsmith, @Becca2. We're sorry to hear about what you're going through the BBC iPlayer app on your TVs. The security certificates had expired on the app which may result to what you're all experiencing now. An update will be available for supporting TV models and after this is applied, it will fix the issue on the app.

@SiNDWAn update for your TV may be required and if this is the case, you can download, extract, and apply it via USB if it isn't available on your TV. You can download the upgrade file from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32F5500AKXXU/ Please check if your TV software version matches the version in the link. If it doesn't apply the update to your TV.

@Robertgsmithand @Becca2 Please send your TV models across along with the current software version, and we'll take a look to see if there's any other software updates available.

Asad

That might explain the issue with the iPlayer so I'll try what you suggested it, but why have ITV Hub, All4 and My5 all disappeared as well? They are all apps for the main UK TV channels, all disappeared from my app list and not showing in the Samsung apps list either..

0 Likes
Becca2
Journeyman
Options

Could you also give us some advise on how long a new piece of updated softward for our model is likely to take to be released?  I.e. are we talking hours / weeks or months?

0 Likes