Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer crashes

(Topic created on: 15-12-2023 07:12 PM)
Emophitipaldi
First Poster
Options
Hi Guys
Just bought a 43 inch QLED samsung tv and everytime I stream Ipayer UHD the stream crashes. Programs with out UHD no problems 
Internet speed is 100 mbps its a wired connection 
Have reinstalled iplayer
Is this a known problem 🤔 
Any thoughts on a fix?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Majestic
Journeyman
Options
100 maps is not fast enough to stream UHD ..that's the problem.
0 Likes
Majestic
Journeyman
Options
Sorry 100 maps is not enough
0 Likes
Majestic
Journeyman
Options
M b p s
0 Likes
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
It's not Samsung fault. Maybe the developer didn't made it Optimizer or unfinished app. Contact developer to discuss this problem
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Emophitipaldi    BBC suggests 24 Mbps  is sufficient for full 4k experience though in reality may be a bit higher. is there any difference between the Beta and standard version of the iplayer app?  with regard to wifi sometimes if a lot of devices are connected can be insufficient bandwidth and need to reboot  router.  However there is still issue with wired connection, have you tried a Factory Reset on the TV.   know from last year  Samsung indicated there was a hardware issue with some  units.  A fault has been identified with some models on the iplayer  link https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Justathought
First Poster
Options
Not sure but worth checking your date time settings are correct. I've experienced BBC iplayer not working if that is not accurate
0 Likes
Buzzy_Bee
First Poster
Options

I’ve had the same problem since returning from holiday at the weekend.  It was fine before I left and all other streaming services are working fine in UHD. Only iPlayer is unable to play anything - even on standard quality  

Interestingly the same thing happened 4 years ago and was resolved about 6 weeks later.  

0 Likes
Emophitipaldi
First Poster
Options
Hi Guys
I have 2 samsung Tv
The QLED one crashes on UHD but if I persevere I can get to the end
Other TV not effected
So I am thinking its a samsung model issue
I have tried all the recommended things even I player beta version still same issue so it's only effecting my 2023 QLED tv
0 Likes