Support

Open search

BBC iPlayer & My5 stop working on SEK-1000 upgraded UE46ES8000 (June 2020)

Highlighted
Apprentice

Samsung support,

BBC iPlayer and My5 have stopped working overnight on my SEK-1000 upgraded smart tv. I'm running the latest software updated via usb (1020.2). 

Is it the security certificate issue again? Please, please can you fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi have exactly the same problem with the same TV UE46ES8000 with a SEK-1000 Evolution Kit. I had only recently upgraded to the latest 1020.2 firmware to make iPlayer work again and now after a month or so its stopped again. Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Highlighted

Same here. After wasting hours of my life with Samsung support they have decided it is a hardware fault and expect me to pay for a repair - think again Samsung, as will I when I foolishly consider buying a Samsung product in the future!

Chris

Highlighted
First Poster

Oh, forgot to say, the TV's built-in iPlayer app works OK but you obviously have to disconnect the SEK-1000. Seems a shame to throw away this 'future proofed' expensive piece of technology in order to restore some basic functionality just because no one at Samsung as even half a clue! To be honest the SEK-1000 doesn't do anything particularly useful these days anyway.

C.

Highlighted
First Poster

I was just informed by Samsung that iPlayer should now be working again on the SEK-1000 - and indeed for me it is. No reset/firmware update required. I can only presume the BBC did 'something' to fix this. It's unfortunate that I had to go via the CEO's office to get this resolved.

C.

Top Liked Authors