Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio output keeps switching to TV Speakers

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 10:52 PM)
elFarto
Student
Options

I've just bought a UE43AU8000, and I'm having an issue with the audio setup. It's connected to a Sony DAV-DZ260 DVD Home Theater System via HDMI (on the ARC port) and Optical.

The main issue is that when you switch the audio output on the TV from 'TV Speakers' to 'Receiver (HDMI)', it will switch back to 'TV Speakers' in a few seconds. In the few seconds it is outputting to 'Receiver (HDMI)' everything is working perfectly, audio is being outputted over the optical cable, and volume control is going over HDMI. Switching it to 'Optical' output does stick, but obviously I lose volume control.

Now I realise that the receiver is pretty old now, and doesn't support ARC or eARC, but the TV is capable of doing exactly what I want, it just won't stay there.

Does anyone know how to fix this, and get it to stay on the 'Receiver (HDMI)' output setting?

(1)
202 REPLIES 202
e-charge
Explorer
Options
Hello mate
I've just bought a new QE43Q60AA and am experiencing the same issue. One workaround I've established is to move your HDMI cable to one of the normal sockets on the TV - a non-eARC/ARC socket, after using the TV remote to turn the TV speaker volume down to 0. For some reason this configuration plays sound through both the TV speakers and back through the AV receiver, so turning the TV volume down to 0 reduces output to just the receiver. Now switch the audio output to your liking.

I should point out that I use a universal remote to control the AV receiver volume, inputs and a few other devices so I don't rely on the TV remote to change the volume on the receiver.
The TV remote won't control the AV receiver in this configuration but the problem you're describing appears to be a well-known and well-complained about issue.
Hope this helps.
e-charge
0 Likes
Chili-cat
Apprentice
Options

Exact same issue with new Q60A.

Samsung please help! 

Bajje
Student
Options

Seriously. This needs to get fixed or I am demanding a refund.

Hugo221
First Poster
Options

Hey did anyone ever figure this issue out?

0 Likes
Merrijaine
Student
Options

Just bought a qn55qn90a yesterday from best buy, having the exact same issue, sat with samsung for 3 hours last night trying to trouble shoot it and could not find a solution.  Going to give it till thursday to see if something gets done in firmware or someone finds a  solution.

0 Likes
TV Speaker
Journeyman
Options

I AM USING CAPS ON PURPOSE!

IS ANYONE FROM SAMSUNG LISTENING?  THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

elFarto
Student
Options

This is the solution that I eventually found. Don't plug the non-eARC/ARC amp into the eARC/ARC socket.

The only issue with this solution is that the TV likes to complain about it everytime you turn it on, but the message goes away after a while/you hit ok.

e-charge
Explorer
Options

I actually called Samsung re: this issue and was initially told that this Samsung TV is not designed to be used with an AV receiver - only with a soundbar. I told them that I was going to post that response on all the threads on the forum where people are complaining of this issue and that I'll either be called a liar or that they'll be rigorously mocked for the ridiculousness of the response. I was promised a call back from a supervisor. I received a call, was asked to turn the TV off and back on again and to try selecting the output once again. Of course, working in IT...it hadn't even OCCURRED to me to turn it off and back on again...but I humoured them. Of course...no joy. It was then going to be passed across to tech and I was promised that I'd hear back soon. Still waiting.

e-charge

TV Speaker
Journeyman
Options

I do not use a receiver.  I have a Soundbar connected directly to the HDMI eARC port.