Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airport extreme sharing and RU7092 Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 12:06 PM)
murnau
First Poster
Options

Hello,

We just bought a brand new 43RU7092 Samsung. It looks nice, it operates nicely but :

- I can't get to work my USB sharing on the Apple airport extreme, I go to remote PC access and fill the IP, user, password but it never works.

- I can't either access my mac pro 5,1 via the router, I mean I shared some folders from my mac but I do not know how can I see them from the TV (or maybe this feature is not available when having a mac?)

Why am I trying to do that?

I cannot use airplay (my mac is older), I do not want to purchase apple TV for now, but if I must to, I will.

I do not have a 4K video card to use the TV as monitor but this maybe a solution if I do not find a way to share my files to the TV

So I would like basicly to use my computer as a shared hard drive for my Samsung TV but I do not succeed doing that. Maybe it is impossible or maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have

Mac pro 5.1 with radeon 5770 card

Airport extreme with USB

Samsung RU7092 (similar to RU7100) (connected to internet via ethernet and wifi, both work fine)

A gigabit internet connection which is superfast.

I suspect the airport router to be the one that does not allow me to do what I want, but I am not sure. Curiously the TV uses internet connection from the same router so they can 'talk' obviously'...

I googled a lot but never found answers about that problem. Also I tried PLEX but for big files like 1080 and better, PLEX does not work... And I dont like the idea of transcoding.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0