Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Airplay not working anymore

(Topic created on: 25-08-2020 06:33 PM)
hhh777
Student
Options

Hello folks!

I’m posting here because I have a problem with the Airplay function on my Samsung TV. 

I have an iPhone XR and a Samsung TV (code: UN40NU7100GXZD) both updated with the latest firmware version, but the TV won’t show up as an Airplay destination on my iPhone anymore.

It used to work just fine, then one day I had to call Samsung’s support to solve an issue with my TV and they told me to factory reset the TV. After I did it, this problem with Airplay started. 

I have both devices connected to the same wifi network, Airplay function is ON on my TV and I‘ve already tried to factory reset the TV countless times. I also reseted network settings on both devices, but nothing seems to fix this issue. 

The TV simply doesn’t show up as an Airplay destination anymore.

iPhone XR is currently on iOS 13.6.1 and the Samsung NU7100 TV is on version 1300, but this problem is happening since older updates. 

I would like to hear from you guys, if anyone had this problem and fixed it somehow, as I really miss being able to use this function. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
hhh777
Student
Options

Hello!!

First of all, thank you a lot for your input!

And yes, I did factory reset my phone and the TV more times than I can remember, to no avail.

But strangely today, totally out of the blue, the TV showed up as an Airplay destination again. Go figure?!

I have no ideia why or what could have fixed it after all these months, but Airplay is now working.

🥳🎉

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @hhh777 

That's strange! Have you tried resetting your phone to see if that helps?

Solution
hhh777
Student
Options

Hello!!

First of all, thank you a lot for your input!

And yes, I did factory reset my phone and the TV more times than I can remember, to no avail.

But strangely today, totally out of the blue, the TV showed up as an Airplay destination again. Go figure?!

I have no ideia why or what could have fixed it after all these months, but Airplay is now working.

🥳🎉

0 Likes