Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8500tv Bluetooth issue

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 03:30 PM)
TV8500
First Poster
Options

I have just bought an 8500 series TV. It cannot find any Bluetooth items in pairing mode.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@TV8500: Hi there. Sorry to hear that you're having some connection issues with your TV. At this stage please confirm the full model number of the TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, along with the device you are attempting to connect, and I will look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
TV8500
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply. 

It's UE65TU8500 TV 

PS-WK450 soundbar

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TV8500: Are you referring to the HW-K450 soundbar and subwoofer? If so, please be aware that you will need to connect the main soundbar unit to the TV via Optical Cable or HDMI before you are able to connect the subwoofer. For further details, please see pages 20-21 of the user manual via the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201709/20170906184855469/HW-K450_XN_FULL_170906.pdf

0 Likes
TV8500
First Poster
Options

Yes. That is the one. I tried it with HDMI and optical cable. But the sound keeps changing from TV sound to soundbar and back.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TV8500: What method are you currently using to connect the soundbar to the TV? On the TV itself, please head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output, and select the soundbar from here when connected via HDMI or Optical Cable. If you're using HDMI, please ensure to connect to HDMI ARC on the soundbar and TV, and select the D.IN source on the soundbar via the source button on the remote, or on the side of the device. 

If the issue persists, can you clarify at which point the TV switches from the soundbar to the TV speakers e.g. when switching sources to an external device, or when accessing apps?

0 Likes
TV8500
First Poster
Options

It seams to be keeping on the HDMI seeing now. But it still can't find any Bluetooth items. I have 2 Bose  speakers too, and it can't find either of them.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TV8500: That's good to hear. Regarding your Bose speakers, if you enable pairing on them by following the manufacturers instructions then head to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, they should be visible here, although it won't be possible to connect to them while your soundbar is connected and selected as your sound output . 

0 Likes
TV8500
First Poster
Options

I have it paired to the soundbar now, via Bluetooth, but it still won't connect from the sound output settings page. It says it can't find it.

0 Likes