Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k viewing

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 11:04 AM)
Dan50
Student
Options

Hi all , looking for some help with hdcp 2.2 issue. 

My tv is the samsung QE75Q950RBT 

Bluray the Samsung  4k uhd kn 8500

Reciver is the sony str dn 1080 

,all of the above are hdcp 2.2 complaint

When I try to watch a 4k bluray disc , a mgs appears on the tv that it will be played in hd , check for hdcp 2.2 issues .

I have bluray hdmi out to bd  in on reciver , the out on the reciver then goes to the arc input hdmi 3 on the one connect box , but if all 3 components are hdcp 2.2 , what am I having this issue , Thanks 

Darren

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Dan50: This is a strange one, and there is nothing in the user manual about HDCP 2.2, or any related issues. HDCP creates an encryption between the source and the display, therefore the issue may be the result of the Blu Ray Player being routed through the HiFi and One connect Box. With this in mind, can you try connecting the Blu Ray Player directly to the One Connect Box to see if this helps?
0 Likes
Dan50
Student
Options

Hi , I have connected the 4k player to the one connect box,  and not getting the issue , when I run it back through the amp   its telling me again it will play in hd , this is strange because amp is HDCP 2.2 compatible. In the end I decided to just run hdmi 1 from player to one connect  box , and hdmi out two on player for audio to amp , thinking this was the easy fix , but now I have my 4k picture but no audio,  amp just shows no stream  , I have changed hdmi 2 setting in player to audio out , but still amp now seen it , what else can I try.

0 Likes
Djispj
First Poster
Options

Going through the same problem. Following. I need answers as well. I have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM SAME SCENARIO AS YOURS

0 Likes
Dan50
Student
Options

Hi , my issue turned out to be a faulty 4k player , I returned this for a  panasonic one  , and everything worked perfect.

0 Likes
Djispj
First Poster
Options

I've had mine for a long time. Since at least 2016. It's just that recently when I moved into my new home when I bought q90r I started having problems with my kb8500 

0 Likes
Dan50
Student
Options

Have you tried by-passing amp and just connecting player , straight to tv. See if your getting 4k then. If you are it might be worth , re setting amp to factory settings,  maybe player aswel ,  make sure all 3 , tv , amp, and player have all up to date software installed.  Sometime when you disconnected everything with the move , they can loose the handshake they had with each other, so I would disconnect everything,  then start with tv , check for latest update etc , and make sure the handshake feature in settings is turned on. Then turn off tv and UNPLUG IT.   Now di the very same with amp and player , now with everything off connect  then to each other with the hdmi leads , turn em all on and all going well should be good.

0 Likes
Djispj
First Poster
Options

I am so frustrated this morning because for the last 1.5 hours this is what I've done. Reset TV factory and Blu ray factory settings and not to mention check all the devices updates. Including AMP/Receiver. Everything is up to date. Been on samsung tech support and they are no help at all. I am so done explaining them. I even lost my tv settings that I had and they were fine tuned over a period of time. So mad right now. 

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options
New to the table here, having owned a UE65KS9500 for last 4 years. It's been a HDR roller-coaster ride since 2018 but I have to say this set has been the best I've ever owned. I've bitten the bullet though and bought a new QE75Q950RBT from samsung.com and I'm awaiting delivery this afternoon.

From what I can see there is no Owners thread for the Q950R TV's so could I ask the mods to re-title this thread appropriately please to invite other users to bring their experience and questions here. I hope @Dan50 doesn't mind?

I'm quietly excited about my new TV - it's had mainly good reports over at the AV Forum and hoping the PQ will be even more amazing than my KS. @Dan50 may I ask what your experience has been PQ-wise other than your handshaking issue?

Thanks

roz
0 Likes