Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49 Q80T Screen Stutter (not judder) glitch. Can anyone replicate this?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 05:49 PM)
samsiso
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought a 49Q80T last week, and after a painful week setting up and tweaking  (as it doesn’t seem to like my Sony STN-1050 amp HDMI outputs that much) I’ve finally got settings that look good for me for my various sources.

However, I’ve got an issue that I can’t get rid of relating to screen stutter. This is not the usual judder related thing that can be sorted with careful settings of all the motion options, this is something quite unique - stutter.

When I first turn on power to the TV and it shows a Freeview channel, there is irregular stuttering - like its dropping complete frames. Not every second, but several times in a minute and it’s really annoying. Like I say, it’s nothing to do with smoothing out motion in the settings menu - this is something else - it’s a stutter not a judder.

However, I can make it go away if I cycle through to one of my HDMI inputs and then back again to the live TV Freeview channel. All channels work fine then. It’s particularly noticeable on HD content.

I can replicate the problem every time. Turn the TV off and on again - stuttering. Change to an HDMI and back again - stutter is gone.

I’ve done all the obvious things - checked through all settings and/or disabling them completely. I've updated the latest firmware to 1302. Unplugged the HDMI leads just in case there was some sort of interference but no. It’s some sort of glitch..

I also have a separate issue with banding. We watch a lot of football and in panning shots, there are shadowy areas quite noticeable in the middle of the screen. I’m on the verge of returning it, but don’t want another 49Q80T only to have the same glitch and possibly a worse screen.

Can anybody else with a T series replicate the stuttering problem? It’s driving me nuts. Or is it just mine?

Have any other 49Q80TY owners got bad screen uniformity?

Thanks.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0