Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49 inch samsung TV black shadow in the middle of the screen.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 09:13 AM)
sammysquash
Journeyman
Options

my 88 year old mum bought a 49 inch samsung LED tv from currys July 2017 for £729 . She bought a samsung because we were told the screen quality was the best and the TV looked good with silver trim.

Last sunday a dark veryical shadow came down the middle of the screen, i have contact your customer service team and was told "its out of warranty buy another TV" the TV is the only bit of pleasure my elederly parents get and i would expect a £729 TV to last more than 30 months, disgusted at this product and more disgusted when i see how many other owners have this problem, you obviously have a design fault but you are hiding this from the general public, my next email is to watchdog to see how many people have experienced this issue, there are plenty on this site.

My mum is 88 and my dad 84 it was an expensive purchase for them and as they dont get out much these days is there link to the outside world i cant believe the response from you after sales customer service team, they wont buy samsung anymore and i will make sure i tell as many friends the experience my paren

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @sammysquash. Did our Support Team run through any troubleshooting steps with you?

0 Likes
JK14
First Poster
Options

I have had exactly the same issue. TV model 49MU6670 was bought 24.11.17 for £649. A number of similar issues reported on the internet so must be a common fault. Raised the issue with customer and they were totally disinterested.

Don't expect to spend this amount of money on a new product for it to break in 2 years. (with a common fault) . Have had Samsung products before and bought a 40MU6470 on the same day so spent well over £1000.

Totally disgusted. Expected much more customer respect from a premium brand manufacturer. Trusting that someone at Samsung reads this and gets in touch to sort it. Faulty TV screenFaulty TV screen

Christine1962
Student
Options

E2F98CA3-362B-4596-8BBC-3EC8811DA816.jpeg

0 Likes
Christine1962
Student
Options

Mine the same and was offered 15 percent of a new tv paid £1200 from curry’s for it a few year old but expect to last longer supposed to be superior and the customer service is non existent 

0 Likes
Christine1962
Student
Options

Mine the same there must be a fault as there is hundreds of complaints if enough people say about it maybe they will admit to some kind of fault we spent £1200 from curry’s now out of warranty 

0 Likes