Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Frame TV light sensor adjustment not working in Art mode

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 02:59 AM)
Bbourgeo
Student
Options

Recently purchased the 2020 65" Frame TV, and very happy so far with one exception:

I understood that the light sensor helped adjust the lighted art display level to match surrounding light levels.  So far this doesn't seem to be working for us, giving the art an unnatural "glow" in the evenings or even midday when the lights are off in the living room in favor of sunlight.  The only partial solution seems to be manually changing the brightness within the Art mode settings, which I refuse to do multiple times a day.  Am I missing something here?  Please help.

46 REPLIES 46
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

Go to inyelegent Mode settings.... turn off adaptive picture.

This overrides Eco mode, so this should now be available

0 Likes
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

But it does work on my 65 inch 2020 models.

After a reset I turned off intellegent mode (adaptive Picture),

Eco mode Auto power off (to ensure only the timer turns off the picture mode)

Eco mode Ambient Light Detection ON but the Minimum Brightness set very low 10 or below.

I can now adjust brightness of the picture mode manually if i want and it also alters automatically as light adjusts in the room.

0 Likes
Paul136
Student
Options

This works now. Thank you! Still not auto adjusting the brightness in Art Mode though.

sayman
First Poster
Options

Same problem here - I tried the settings below, but still does not adapt in Art Mode.

After a reset I turned off intellegent mode (adaptive Picture),

Eco mode Auto power off (to ensure only the timer turns off the picture mode)

Eco mode Ambient Light Detection ON but the Minimum Brightness set very low 10 or below.

0 Likes
paperboy2
Explorer
Options

Checked my settings again since others are still having issues and a weird thing happens with my Frame.

If I toggle Eco mode Ambient Light Detection ON to OFFto ON, sometimes the brightness does NOT change but then I turn Ambient Detection mode OFF then back ON and it works again.!!!????

If I turn on the Ambient Detection Mode ON and the feature is working on normal TV mode then it works on the Art Mode.

Very strange.

0 Likes
DanDarko
First Poster
Options

I'm also having issues with Samsung The Frame 50" 2020 model.  The ambient light detection on art mode does erratic things, especially at night in low light (lights off in same room as The Frame but a dim floor lamp on in adjacent room). The issue is it stays glaringly bright and when I bring up the brightness slider using the remote it is at the bottom setting! If I then turn the lamp off in the other room so the TV is in complete darkness, only then does the panel dim to it's darkest.  Other times it will dim when the room is at low light but then when you switch the lights on it stays dim! I've tried every combination of intelligent picture mode ON/OFF, Eco Solution ON/OFF and nothing helps.

Another thing I noticed is that the brightness slider in art mode seems to have a disconnect to what the panel is actually doing. [NOTE: I found a shortcut that pressing the coloured dot button on the simple remote brings up this problematic brightness slider quickly if you didn't know] Sometimes it can be at it's lowest setting and the panel is still too bright, and if you move the slider up to the middle nothing changes until you go beyond the middle (then the panel gets even brighter).

Something that I'm confused about is the wording of the "Modify" screen for brightness in art mode. It says:

"Screen brightness adjusts automatically to suit your activities and surroundings. Adjust brightness manually so your preferences can be analysed"

If I break that down it seems to me that the TV is saying, "I'll change my brightness for you because that's what I do, but if you want to adjust the slider here manually I will ANALYSE that preference based on the current surroundings / lighting conditions." Which leads me to believe that maybe it's supposed to learn and adapt to what you set the slider to based on how bright the room is when you adjust it? Regardless, it doesn't seem to work - I just thought that wording was interesting.

I'm really hoping a firmware update fixes this - or at least to have the option of adjusting the sensitivity of the light sensor would be hugely appreciated because left to it's own devices it just doesn't seem to get things right as advertised.

nancoder
First Poster
Options

Same problem here; I just bought a 65" Frame TV 2020, and the ambient light detection doesn't work when are light changes. The backlight always stays with the same brightness.

0 Likes
Christophe8
First Poster
Options

I have a Frame 32" TV and the same, it does not autodim which is very very frustrating as it is next to a 43·" TV frame which does and it so the images dont look right on the wall. Any suggestions?  Thankx.

clwinn04
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, plus more importantly "night mode" doesn't work, so my TV never turns off. Anyone find a fix for that yet? Thanks.

0 Likes
avbo
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with not working "Night-Mode" and not auto "Brightness-Function"  (The Frame 32", Firmware version 1410/Europe).
Does anybody knows where the light sensor ist? Is it on the backside? I can belive that he is on the front due the optional frame I bought and added to "the Frame", which would cover a light sensor.

0 Likes