Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 65" Q9FN Vertical Banding, DSE & Stuck Pixel

(Topic created on: 08-10-2018 08:02 PM)
DarthxRinzler
First Poster
Options

I purchased my Q9FN a few days ago (AA01 panel) and it has significant vertical banding as well as dse while watching hockey, other sports or scenes with solid colors and motion. It is extremely distracting. I also have a stuck/dead pixel. I am having a Samsung technician come look at my tv tomorrow and hoping they agree to either fix it or replace. For a $3,500 tv, this is unacceptable. I've never spent this much on a tv before, and expected more from a flagship tv. All 4 of the tv's in my house are Sumsungs, but am really dissappointed with this one. I am just afraid I am going to get the typical "these defects are within manufacturer specifications" BS. Fingers crossed. The DSE is pretty hard to capture via a still image and needs to be witnessed in person. Besides these gripes, the tv's visuals can be absolutely stunning. The quality control is just atrocious

Vertical bandingVertical bandingVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical bandingVertical bandingVertical bandingVertical bandingStuck/dead pixelStuck/dead pixel

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DarthxRinzler wrote:

I purchased my Q9FN a few days ago (AA01 panel) and it has significant vertical banding as well as dse while watching hockey, other sports or scenes with solid colors and motion. It is extremely distracting. I also have a stuck/dead pixel. I am having a Samsung technician come look at my tv tomorrow and hoping they agree to either fix it or replace. For a $3,500 tv, this is unacceptable. I've never spent this much on a tv before, and expected more from a flagship tv. All 4 of the tv's in my house are Sumsungs, but am really dissappointed with this one. I am just afraid I am going to get the typical "these defects are within manufacturer specifications" BS. Fingers crossed. The DSE is pretty hard to capture via a still image and needs to be witnessed in person. Besides these gripes, the tv's visuals can be absolutely stunning. The quality control is just atrocious

Vertical bandingVertical bandingVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical banding / dseVertical bandingVertical bandingVertical bandingVertical bandingStuck/dead pixelStuck/dead pixel

I had the same. For such an expensive TV you should have a wow factor not disappointment. I sent pics of it to Samsung and they said it was within specs. I had a ks9500 which was far better.  They did agree to a full refund,  which I accepted. 

Paul

chickensalad321
First Poster
Options

What did you end up doing? I just bought the Samsung Q80r with the same panel and have the same issues?

0 Likes
Nanothird2019
First Poster
Options

@chickensalad321 wrote:

What did you end up doing? I just bought the Samsung Q80r with the same panel and have the same issues?

Chickensalad321 and could the problem with the panel on the Q80R be solved? Is it the 55 inch or the 65 inch version? Did you have it exchanged or repaired?

0 Likes
Nathe2201
First Poster
Options

20220724_182920.jpg

 I have same problem only mine looks more pronounced. Mine is 65 inch QN95A. Paid £2800 1 year ago and one day turned it on to see this vertical banding. DSE for sure and bad. The tv has a 5 year manufacturers warranty plus additional care and repair service. It had better be repairable or I get a voucher against another tv. That's what the terms and conditions say. I too bought a sound bar and spent total of £3500 for a flagship tv. First and last Samsung. Back to LG if I can get my money back.

MindcornErEr
First Poster
Options

Hi. Late to the party but I'm pretty sure I have exact same lines in exact same places. Looks nearly identical. My TV is Samsung QN90A. Pretty similar model to yours, so I guess it's something more than a simple deviation from ideal, looks more like a systematic problem. When playing games and rotating camera, the image is hard to watch. Also I believe this issue surfaced one year into my usage. 

I'v also found another guy on internet with exact same issue and exact same bands. 

photo_2023-10-24_22-51-07.jpg

0 Likes