Sluiten

What are you looking for?

annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Oorspronkelijke onderwerp:

Samsung UE40MU6172 HDMI Issues

(Onderwerp aangemaakt op: 08-04-2018 11:04 AM)
1665 Weergaven
savagegunner00
First Poster
Opties

I have an issue with the TV, I had a cable box connected and working fine through an HDMI cable. I then wanted to connect my computer using this HDMI cable to the TV, however when connected to the computer the TV displayed that there was no source. So I reattached the cable box and then it showed there was a source attached, however now the signal showed up as unknown, and the resolution defaulted to 720x576 instead of 1920x1080 and the image defaults as a solid red color. I changed the HDMI cable and the cable box works as intended. However, if I switch back to the original HDMI cable the problem persists. 

Is there any idea how to fix this issue? The original cable is the only cable long enough for my setup and I would like to keep using it as it was working flawlessly before attempting to connect the computer.

TV: UE40MU6172

Software Version: T-KTMDEUC-1151.1

0 Likes
3 Antwoorden
DickKoster
MegaStar
Opties

Hi @savagegunner00,

First of all some questions:

• Could you provide me the the full Model Code of this TV? You can find it on the sticker on the back of the TV. It should end on XXN, otherwise you have a big problem. Probably it's ending on XXH.
  • Why do you want to use your computer/laptop on your TV
  • Is there a HDMI output on your PC or do you use a converter?
  • Have you selected the right HDMI-port on your TV?

Keep me informed please..

Groet, Dick
I don't know everything. Just trying to help.
0 Likes
savagegunner00
First Poster
Opties

Hey @dkoster,

The model code ends on XXH, UE40MU6172UXXH. The computer was just to watch some local content from my pc. I did utilize a converter from mini-display port to hdmi.  I tried utilizing all different ports, none of them worked with the cable box or pc utilizing this cable. 

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
DickKoster
MegaStar
Opties

Okay @savagegunner00,

If you let me i will tell you a story about this foreign TV.

In the Code UE40MU6172UXXH the H stands for Hungary or some other foreign country.

Dutch codes end on XXN (Netherlands).

This a TV from the so-called 'Grey Import', mostly used for publicity stunts.

Those TV's are modified by the supplier to make them fit for the Dutch/Benelux market.

By modifying the localset of the TV, some funtions will not work on this TV. This is propably the reason why it's not working.

Furthermore your warranty can stop by Samsung. Then you only have warranty at your suppier.

If he goes bankrupt,  the the cost for the repairs are for your own cost.

So please take care with this supplier!

The funniest thing is that you can't make him resposible for doing this, because the import seems to be legal.

This because in Europe there is a case of Free Market Economy with open borders.

The bad thing about this, is that it is not autorized bij the manifacturing companies and giving the manifacturing companies a bad name. In this case Samsung..

Groet, Dick
I don't know everything. Just trying to help.
0 Likes