Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use SD card because it was inserted while a different user profile was in use

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 08:51 AM)
Vilnius
First Poster
Options

On my Galaxy S6 Lite, after last upgrade of May, only me can use the SD card. Other tablet's users can't see the SD card: "You can't use SD card because it was inserted while a different user profile was in use".

If I unmount the SD card and remount it with an other user, just him is able to see the SD card.

How to fix it?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is by design as guest accounts are restricted.
0 Likes
Vilnius
First Poster
Options

Is designed changed yesterday after 2 years of regular work?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

In the past, from KitKat onwards guest accounts could not access the SD card. It later seemed to allow access to the root directory on the SD card only but now, this is the latest, which should explain Storage updates in Android 11  |  Android Developers

0 Likes
jledvina
First Poster
Options

We just got two new S7 tablets and 1TB SD cards to share among users, expecting to load many GB of maps and aerial imagery on the SD cards. Sharing a single user account is not an option. I get this notification when using an additional (not a guest) account. The "Storage updates in Android 11" article linked by Pugs1957 does not explain this. It explains changes to the folders that apps can access on the SD card, but there is no reference to locking out users from the SD card. Based on Google searches resulting in almost no hits, except for 2 threads in Samsung forums (the current thread and this thread, I think this is Samsung-specific.

0 Likes