Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi connected but no internet

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 07:18 PM)
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
I recently bought a Tab S6 for my partner but am having a problem with the WiFi.
It will be connected fine then randomly out of the blue the internet will stop working and the WiFi symbol will have an exclamation mark next to it.
The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect WiFi - untill it happens again.
All my other devices connect to the same WiFi network fine without any problems.
Any help please?

Thanks

Go to solution
81 REPLIES 81
galaxy tablet
First Poster
Options

This Tab 8 is supposedly new, how do I know if it's out of date?

0 Likes
Mike Coleman
First Poster
Options

It may have been sitting in a warehouse for some time.  Apps and firmware require regular updates

0 Likes
dont1977
First Poster
Options

My mother uses a Galaxy Tab A.  It had been working fine and then would no connect to the internet via WiFi. 

The issue was that she had enabled the Battery Power Save Mode.  

I turned Power Save Mode off and the Tab A again connected to the Internet via WiFi.

0 Likes
ben_hayun
First Poster
Options

I see a working solution has been suggested but the issue might be slightly different for everyone. A similar issue recently occurred on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with it being the only device having these connection issues together with the Chromecast. 

The solurion here lied in the setup of the wifi network. Both the 2.4G and 5G wifi signals carried the exact same name and password. Apparently this was conflicting for said devices but not for others.

Changing the wifi signal names to a separate 2.4G and 5G variant respectively solved the connection problems of both devices. 

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
Same issue, connected without internet. Have to do a restart every time to get onto WiFi 😪
0 Likes
Polski888
First Poster
Options
I have same problem with my new S22 ultra as I had same problem with last s20 ultra. Big Samsung fan thinking about to divorce my iPhone loving wife because she never had similar problem. She is taking complet ***** out of my over this and I feel that Samsung isn't taking it seriously. For mountain of money we pay for this toys we shouldn't be told to change router as some of them have conflict with Samsung software. Next update it is not Samsung anymore 😭
Amorphous
Student
Options

I have the same wwith S6 tablet? every time i toggle screen of it looses wifi and cant pick it up automatically. I need to turn on and off wifi. Also signal is very poor with this tablet. My old ipad works flawlesly. I wish i bought new ipad instead of samsung.

0 Likes
BuckMeInTheMonty
First Poster
Options
Got a brand new router (virgin hub 5) on the 1gig plan, all devices work perfect (3 tv's, 2 ps4's, ps5, 3 phones 2 of which are galaxy's, and a lenovo tab) but my tab s3 is having problems, it will work OK for a few minutes and then the speed just drops to 0. Something and will also come up saying connected but no Internet, I've tried a factory reset, I've tried setting clock to auto, I've tried everything I can think of, please help, I use this tablet at work and do ALOT of downloading on this tab
0 Likes
spanditha
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with my samsung galaxy a33 ive tried everything but its not working

0 Likes
christopherdent
First Poster
Options

What worked for me:

Log into your router admin portal (check manual or Google instructions on how to do this)

You probably have 2-3 different frequency bands.  Disable all but one of them (I left 2.4 ghz on and turned off 5ghz and 6ghz).  

Reconnect your tablet to your WiFi network.  It should work.  Seems that the multiple bands confuse these tablets sometimes.  Pretty annoying and I wish Samsung would fix it.  

Note that after this fix you may need to reconnect other devices on your network.

0 Likes