Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi connected but no internet

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 07:18 PM)
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
I recently bought a Tab S6 for my partner but am having a problem with the WiFi.
It will be connected fine then randomly out of the blue the internet will stop working and the WiFi symbol will have an exclamation mark next to it.
The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect WiFi - untill it happens again.
All my other devices connect to the same WiFi network fine without any problems.
Any help please?

Thanks

Go to solution
81 REPLIES 81
Al Pap
First Poster
Options

It is very annoying to buy a new device (Xcover 5) and having wi-fi issues. Whenever I switched tabs I got WIFI connected but no internet. I had that issue with no other smartphone so Samsung should get on top of it.  I think I solved the issue by switching off the 5.0ghz frequency band in my router. But why should I disable a feature in my router so that a samsung device could work? This is poor from/by Samsung. My XCover 5 has the 13 android version.

0 Likes
Itg33k
First Poster
Options
Same issue as others. A53 5g. Tab s8. Both randomly loose gatway. Other devices. On WiFi no issues. Laptops. Google home devices. Philips hue. .. Home network Is corporate quality with cisco poe access points in every room running WiFi 6 in a Mesh single point ssid. Connected to a Virgos modem on router mode (I am a IT engineer ) my old devices. Sony Xperia tablet and huwaei p40 Pro never had an issue. Very annoying. . This also happens to my company corporate users phones. Over a 1000 devices. With same issue.
0 Likes
daf450
First Poster
Options
thanks so much! it works now!
0 Likes
Ee_Vee
Student
Options

that worked. thanks

0 Likes
MartyDevon
First Poster
Options
I tried all of the above without success, but have now found a fix on a Samsung galaxy using Android 13.
Settings/Connection/WIFI/MENU/Intelligent WIFI/Switch to mobile data (turn on)

What happens is that the WiFi will still occasionally switch to connected without internet, but the loss of connection is detected by the phone which switches to mobile data. This disconnects the WiFi connection which then immediately reconnects with the router, and restores internet. It's as though you are switching the WiFi off and on as soon as it goes to connection without internet, but connection is maintained via data for the 2 seconds it takes to reconnect.
Hope it works for you.
0 Likes
marn1
First Poster
Options

So I came across this problem when trying to use my Galaxy A32 5g phone's hotspot for my Galaxy tab a7 lite. This error came up on my tablet. After trial and error, on my phone I went to connection settings --mobile hotspot and tethering --mobile hotspot. Under 'band' I switched it from 2.4 to 5Ghz preferred, and that immediately resolved the problem with my tablet. The WiFi switched to "connected".

0 Likes
loudvik
First Poster
Options
I have a tab s7 fe 5g how can I fix
0 Likes
Members_NEJwdea
First Poster
Options

i had the same issue with my zflip4. what finally worked for me after hours of trying different things:
1. settings
2. connections
3. more connection settings
4. private dns:
5. change it from “private dns provider hostname (my name used to be “dns.google”)” to “automatic”
i then tried reconnecting to the wifi and lo and behold it worked! i hope this helps you?

0 Likes
Relli556
Student
Options

omg that worked! Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
Relli556
Student
Options

You can't download updates until you can connect to the internet...

0 Likes