Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi connected but no internet

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 12:57 PM)
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
I recently bought a Tab S6 for my partner but am having a problem with the WiFi.
It will be connected fine then randomly out of the blue the internet will stop working and the WiFi symbol will have an exclamation mark next to it.
The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect WiFi - untill it happens again.
All my other devices connect to the same WiFi network fine without any problems.
Any help please?

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Ninko, have you had this issue ever since you purchased the tablet? Can you ensure the tablet's software is up to date: Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.

Try this as well: Go in to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Toggle Wi-Fi on > Advanced > Manage networks > Delete the network, restart the phone and connect it to it again. Let me know how you get on.
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi @SaudA ,

I've had the problem since buying the tablet, although I updated it to the latest Android version right at the beginning, so I couldn't tell you if it was ok before the update.

Yeah, I've tried forgetting the network and resetting network settings.

Thanks

AndrewL
Options
@Ninko: If possible, can you try connecting the Tab to another Wi-Fi router to see if the issue persists, as this will help to determine if the issue lies with the tablet or your home router? If you have downloaded any third party apps, try temporarily disabling or deleting them to ensure that there are no external factors affecting the connection.
0 Likes
Ninko
Journeyman
Options

Hi @AndrewL,

Yes I've tried that, connecting to a different WiFi network. I've even tried a factory reset without installing any additional apps and it still did it.

I mentioned about installing the latest Android version because I've read about people with this problem say it came about after the last Android update?

Thanks

MikeT30
Navigator
Options

Same problem here too....and after your last comment they are quiet.... nothing new with Samsung. Making us to buy their expensive products which are not proper working and their "help" to get the issue fixed are only "connect to a different network", "factory reset" or "software update"! For help like this I don't need to contact them! They know there is a big problem with WiFi which can't get fixed with one of their "problem solutions"!

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks that @Ninko, can you try disconnecting all devices from the Wi-Fi network, then re-connect them starting with the tablet first?
0 Likes
Bartanda
Journeyman
Options

I would like to add that this issue has plagued my Tab S4 since new and also my Galaxy S8.  Both devices have been through many updates and been factory reset.  The router is a Fritzbox 7490 and it has been factory reset and had several firmware updates also.  On a friend's Huawei router both devices seemed ok.  Because of this I gave up trying to fix it some time ago.  I suspect it may be a weird compatibility issue with Samsungs wifi hardware.  Btw, no other devices on my network have this issue.  Unfortunately Samsung`s solutions never went beyond reset, upgrade firmware or try another router.  When I recently bought a new TV recently I decided I couldn't risk another flakey Samsung wifi device so I bought a Sony.  The Sony works flawlessly on wifi.

Sorry not much help, but a bit of background info. If you're still in warranty you might want to consider invoking it as I don't see another solution.  You could try another router, maybe at a friends place.

Good luck. 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for the input @Bartanda

@MikeT30 If you are still having issues with this, I'd recommend getting it inspected by an engineer. Let me know if you were able to try the above. 

0 Likes
PhilipW21
First Poster
Options

A Samsung SM T510 was bought for me on 31st July 2020. Since new it keeps dropping out of WiFi connection stating “connected no internet”. Other Samsung equipment works fine on my router. This tablet has same error on other routers.
I reported this on 12th August via the Samsung Chat Line and following several suggestions was unable to fix the problem.
I backed up my files and carried out a factory reset. Soon afterwards the problem recurred.
I did some online searches and realised mine was not an uncommon however not universal problem. After trying various setting on a variety of Apps I thought about my home WiFi setup. I have a BT Smart Hub 2 and a BT Mini WiFi Home Hotspot. I realised if I remained in one place the “WiFi connected no internet” problem did not occur. It would appear to occur when my tablet was switching from the Hub2 to Mini or the other way round.
I have set my tablet to forget the BT Mini WiFi and for 3 days have not had the problem.
Fortunately my BT Smart Hub 2 has a good range for WiFi so this setting does not inconvenience me. However I thought I would let you know on my “patch” as it may help you track down this widespread but not universal problem.
I would be grateful if Samsung, who I have notified, would inform me if you do manage to devise a permanent fix.