Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet screen rotates into portrait mode when posting in Facebook

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 09:28 PM)
Ruxton28
First Poster
Options

I'm in the Facebook app on my Samsung galaxy tab 8. The screen is in landscape mode. As soon as I select 'post' the screen flips into portrait mode. When I click on post the screen flips back to landscape again. Its infuriating. It does not happen in other apps such as email. Any clues please? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Not sure if it will work for you as I'm not on Facebook. You could try going into the main settings for the tablet. Scrolling down to Advanced features, tap on that. Then tap on Labs and try turning on the settings in there. I don't know if it will work but it might force Facebook to work as you want. Make sure to switch them off again if it doesn't work or you get undesirable effects.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ruxton28 : As a workaround, while you're in Landscape mode, please swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and tap the Auto Rotate symbol so it changes to a grey padlock. This will lock the tablet in Landscape mode, and should prevent further occurrences of the issue.  

Members_3wfVVQF
Student
Options

this seems to work thanks

Members_3wfVVQF
Student
Options

This did not work for me, thanks

0 Likes
Marhakim
Student
Options

On your tablet, go to Settings->Advanced Features->Labs->Landscape view for Portrait apps->Facebook->Full Screen=ON

Ochie
First Poster
Options

I just wanted to drop by and say that this worked for me. I wanted to prevent Firefox running Youtube to automatically switch to Portrait when watching videos that are innately portrait.

So this looks more like a Desktop experience now. Thanks!

LarryCrnobrnja
First Poster
Options

That helped. Thank you.

Aussie_Pete
Student
Options

I just love it when a community question gets the correct answer. 

Thank you - your help solved my problem 

Members_D1yhBOA
Student
Options

THANK YOU! This has been so frustrating. Your solution helped